Round two...

• Thread starter dcgolfer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dcgolfer

dcgolfer

Hi All,
Just posted a recap of my first grow if you care to check it out. I picked up a few things for this time around but I was very happy with the first time so fingers crossed. I wanted to take one more run at it before purchasing any seeds. These are all cuttings from the last round (unknown strains). Happy 4/20 wish me luck...
New batch

dcgolfer

dcgolfer

LITTLE ADVICE ANYONE... I am very happy with my first results but the buds were little light and little airy. Anything I can do in the process to fix that or is it more genetics? I would like to see more denseness to them this time if I can help it. I don't know the strains but I am sure the bags they came from did not look like these. Thoughts?

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Airy buds could be either genetics or a prob with your grow room set up-lights,air flow etc.it could be something your doing like watering too often or too little or not keeping temps high enough or too high temps or it could be the strain u have isn't a dense strain.
In my opinion if your going to grow its best to source the best genetics u can afford.u can still get decent genetics for little money.i saw packs of nirvana ak48 for ÂŁ16 (about $20)for 10 regs.theyr not the best genetics in the world but for a newish grower looking to get good value for money they would be ideal.theres 5 ak48 fems for ÂŁ25 but I would get the regs before the fems as they have a good male female ratio and are more likely to give u more than 5 females.its the same ak as serious seeds ak47 except the 48 is way less money.you could get 40 ak 48 for the price of 10 ak 47.
Just my two bobs worth.

dcgolfer

dcgolfer

Airy buds could be either genetics or a prob with your grow room set up-lights,air flow etc.it could be something your doing like watering too often or too little or not keeping temps high enough or too high temps or it could be the strain u have isn't a dense strain.
In my opinion if your going to grow its best to source the best genetics u can afford.u can still get decent genetics for little money.i saw packs of nirvana ak48 for ÂŁ16 (about $20)for 10 regs.theyr not the best genetics in the world but for a newish grower looking to get good value for money they would be ideal.theres 5 ak48 fems for ÂŁ25 but I would get the regs before the fems as they have a good male female ratio and are more likely to give u more than 5 females.its the same ak as serious seeds ak47 except the 48 is way less money.you could get 40 ak 48 for the price of 10 ak 47.
Just my two bobs worth.

Humm, many variables considered but from what I am doing I think it's pretty steady on temp, RH, light good hight and light meter ok, and air. Last time I was watering every other day, never really dried out at all. I was told to occasionally let them dry more so (one knuckle down to moisture?). After this run, I am going to invest in the seeds. Thanks for the recommendations

Axel Rose

Axel Rose

@dcgolfer
When I first started growing I got a pack of buddha purple kush and mosca negra c99bx1. I got a couple freebies and grew those out before I messed with the c99bx1. One of the freebies ended up being a super lemon haze keeper at 24 percent thc and very dense nugs. Maybe you could order the seeds you want and get some freebies and grow them out before you pop the ones you paid for.

dcgolfer

dcgolfer

Hi All,
Happy Friday, Round two is going along well with the exception I broke one lady clean at the base, trying to root, we shall see. Last time I tried the "super cropping" and seemed to work well, this time I am just letting them grow o natural. Well, little trimming under the skirts. I took more clipping just in case, besides I like having a nursery to play in too. Transplanted 4/20 vegging two weeks now and will be flipping tomorrow. Anyone tried "flower fuel" good reviews. Here are the latest pics, enjoy, I know I am. Happy Toking...

5 1 2
5 2
5 1 1
5 1
Last edited:
dcgolfer

dcgolfer

Hi All,
So I flipped them Saturday and really stretched out since, every day they move up touching lamp, I cannot get lamp any higher w/o reworking something in there due to pulleys. Would it be bad to pinch and bend now? Should I not have kept moving light up? Room is only 6 foot, to begin with. Any advice???

5 9

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

Hi All,
So I flipped them Saturday and really stretched out since, every day they move up touching lamp, I cannot get lamp any higher w/o reworking something in there due to pulleys. Would it be bad to pinch and bend now? Should I not have kept moving light up? Room is only 6 foot, to begin with. Any advice???
uhm....why not just tuck them back under the net? afterall, you are scrogging.
or...bend them down...or tie them down...or..snap them down.

then drop the light lower , while they get smacked with some air.

ill send you an invoice for my expertise.

Phylex

Phylex

Agreed. You should be tucking and weaving them in the net throughout stretch to fill out the netting.

And considering with how big they've grown now, you'll most likely need to super crop them at the net height, and gently weave whats laying over through the netting. Take your time and be careful not to snap a branch. If you do, bend it back, tape it up, (almost always repairs itself), and work a different portion. Your branching in the picture looks a little thick to just bend and tuck. Thats why I'm suggesting to use the super crop technique to achieve a good starting height to weave.

dcgolfer

dcgolfer

Agreed. You should be tucking and weaving them in the net throughout stretch to fill out the netting.

And considering with how big they've grown now, you'll most likely need to super crop them at the net height, and gently weave whats laying over through the netting. Take your time and be careful not to snap a branch. If you do, bend it back, tape it up, (almost always repairs itself), and work a different portion. Your branching in the picture looks a little thick to just bend and tuck. That's why I'm suggesting to use the super crop technique to achieve a good starting height to weave.

So my first run I did the super cropping from the beginning and it did work well. I was thinking to just let these grow and see what happens this being my 2nd grow I wanted to try different things. lesson learned. I changed up a few things and got an extra foot or so of space. How much longer will they continue to stretch? Seemed like last time they tapered off when flowered?

dcgolfer

dcgolfer

uhm....why not just tuck them back under the net? afterall, you are scrogging.
or...bend them down...or tie them down...or..snap them down.

then drop the light lower , while they get smacked with some air.

ill send you an invoice for my expertise.

I wanted to let them grow up for a few main colas this time but didn't realize/think about the full height of the plant.

dcgolfer

dcgolfer

flowers have bloomed. So found three seeds in an Island Sweet Skunk bud I picked up last week. Going to try to time with the next round going in hopefully in 28-35 days. Actually, four but one is very light in color, started germinating tonight. Keeping fingers crossed...

20190517 090256
20190517 090334
20190515 092301
20190515 092310
20190518 213817

dcgolfer

dcgolfer

Hi All,
Nursery news...crazy excited 3 of the 4 (Island Sweet Skunk ) babies are going so now crossing fingers for ladies also moved the rest of the seedling pucks into cups too. The room looks good, I cleaned up the undercarriage today, added a couple more lights since they got really tall on me. I did end up super cropping 10 branches very happy I did. This flower fuel seems to be helping, they look bigger than the first time around at this point in time. Happy Memorial weekend, thank a Vet...

5 24 Island sweet skunk
5 24 under
5 24 Top

dcgolfer

dcgolfer

5/31 update, looking better than the first time though I have to keep bending and cropping down from upper light. I assume this will hurt flowering since it stresses them each time I do right? Any tips to fatten up buds?

5 31 2
5 31
5 31 1

Ina

Ina

Any tips to fatten up buds?
More light and perhaps add some 3000k lights,not only the purple.Add as much as possible you will see difference in fatting.The plants look healthy but definitely need more light,you can see they are only budding on the top where there is sufficient light.Is there any blue and red switches for veg and flowering?If the blue is turned off at least you can go on full power,even if it is adding blue.....

dcgolfer

dcgolfer

HAPPY FRIDAY!! So excited I should be two weeks from harvest. Ladies are looking great getting really chubby now. Next round is getting primed, Island Skunk looks good going on 2nd set baby leaves (3 in the middle). The rest are Sammie and Danielle #2 cuttings (unknown from the get-go but gave the best quality and yield).

6 7 1
6 7 2
6 7 3
6 7
6 7 5
6 7 4

Reactions: Ina
dcgolfer

dcgolfer

Hi All,
this round gave just over 3.5 oz cured. better quality buds than the first time. Stuck it in an airtight cooler as suggested and wow, smooth and taste fantastic.
Two different strains from what I can tell by plants/leaves/effect, both Sativa, these started unknown seeds.
6 22
20190702 084036
20190719 103256
20190719 134556

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom