RSO method, will this work

• Thread starter Sparky75
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sparky75

Sparky75

1-Extraction of THC and cannabinoids
Isopropyl Alcohol 99.9% following RSO method. Question- can you use a Soxhlet distillation here to do the same thing and recoup more THC and cannabinoids?

2-Wash
Can you wash the extraction filtering through Celite 545 and then carbon, using a vacuum filter kit, in order to get the color to a golden color instead of green. Question- will you lose any terpenoids or THC doing this? Could you also do this after a soxhlet distillation?

3-Distillation
Distill off the alcohol via a rice cooker or distillation setup.
No QUESTIONS here.

Trying to get that pretty golden color without losing terpenoids or THC in the process of producing high-quality RSO. My goal is high-quality RSO that is golden in color.

Thanks for any help.

skh

skh

If you get rid of the green then you get rid of the chlorophylls. Chlorophylls are good for us. Always eat your greens, my mom used to say. I'm sorry but the rest of your question is too technical for me in this area. To me, it's either BHO or AHO... and there's that Rosin thing. I tried that, didn't like it. Vaping is the best and easiest way to ingest cannabinoids. The rest just looks pretty.

Reactions: Ina
Sparky75

Sparky75

If you get rid of the green then you get rid of the chlorophylls. Chlorophylls are good for us. Always eat your greens, my mom used to say. I'm sorry but the rest of your question is too technical for me in this area. To me, it's either BHO or AHO... and there's that Rosin thing. I tried that, didn't like it. Vaping is the best and easiest way to ingest cannabinoids. The rest just looks pretty.

When I am making it for medicinal value, I won't remove anything. However, a second project I was working on was getting it to a golden color and then use it as a vape oil with an emulsifier. That's a whole different subject. My goal is to see if I cannot make it the RSO method, which I already know how to do and get the golden color and understanding if a soxhlet will extract as good as a quick wash and give all the cannabinoids and terpenoids of the plant.

Reactions: skh
skh

skh

There's likely only ever one way to know for sure and that would be to pay for lab testing unless you have the ability to do that yourself.

Top Bottom