RSO w/butane ?'s

• Thread starter Mississip Hip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

How much more important is obtaining n-butane?

What is the average CBD amount % for BHO?

What is a good tek for temps/time to decarb for higher CBD? Or is there a better decarb tek?

Thanks brothers, I have an aunt with stomach cancer and a cousin,,, they are running wires into her brain to control pain. They need help , I want to take this oil to a lab to have THC, CBD and VOC tests done. Can anyone recommend a good lab in the Sac area?

-peace

Graywolf

Graywolf

n-Butane or Isobutane will both work.

CBD content is a function of the strain.

No decarb charts for CBD, but not much reason to think that it would differ significantly from the one for THC.

No clue about the Sac area.

Decarboxylation Graph 1 1
Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

I was remembering back to some old oil info in Mel Franks book when I posted this.

He charts how THC converts to CBN. For some stoned reason I have had it in my head that the conversion was into CBD...not CBN...lol.

I had been thinking that allowing a little heat was turning some of the THC into CBD.

Man....(embarrassed)....I had been thinking this process was what "decarbing" was. Dammit. I "thought" I understood. Thanks for shedding some light for me.

I am gonna read some more. If you get time and have a way to explain decarbing to me in a simple way it would be cool. If its not simple...thats cool too.

Again..thanks for taking some time to get me on the right track. I have been really really sick lately. I haven't been on the board much, Gotta have surgery inside my skull...suckage.

-peace

squarepusher

squarepusher

you can decarb before running through BHO. Like, over at 250 for 30 minutes seems to be fairly standard, make sure the material isn't overly wet beforehand.

Graywolf

Graywolf

I was remembering back to some old oil info in Mel Franks book when I posted this.

He charts how THC converts to CBN. For some stoned reason I have had it in my head that the conversion was into CBD...not CBN...lol.

I had been thinking that allowing a little heat was turning some of the THC into CBD.

Man....(embarrassed)....I had been thinking this process was what "decarbing" was. Dammit. I "thought" I understood. Thanks for shedding some light for me.

I am gonna read some more. If you get time and have a way to explain decarbing to me in a simple way it would be cool. If its not simple...thats cool too.

Again..thanks for taking some time to get me on the right track. I have been really really sick lately. I haven't been on the board much, Gotta have surgery inside my skull...suckage.

-peace

Don't be embarassed. That used to be the prevailing theory, but in the last few years it changed.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

I need to read here and get a WHOLE new understanding of decarbing.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

you can decarb before running through BHO. Like, over at 250 for 30 minutes seems to be fairly standard, make sure the material isn't overly wet beforehand.

Are you saying run the flowers into a 250 degree (oven, lets say) and leave them for 30 minutes?

Material is dry dry.

squarepusher

squarepusher

Are you saying run the flowers into a 250 degree (oven, lets say) and leave them for 30 minutes?

Material is dry dry.

well, yeah, you either want to decarb before or after the solvent process. I personally do it afterwards, however I will be using solvents like Iso, Acetone and Hexane. For Butane, I do not have much experience with, I have heard that decarbing with BHO can ruin the "shatter" effect, however since this is mostly an aesthetic quality it probably wouldn't matter for giving someone for oral ingestion with cancer (they don't care what it looks like).

So yes, either before or after.

Before - flowers in over at 250 for 35-40 minutes imo (before I said 30, but you have to take into account the time it takes for the plant material to get up to temperature.
After - run you BHO at same temperatures.

For getting an decarbed oil, I would recommend using a non-Butane solvent since the boil off process (with heat/bit of water added) from my experience decarbs 100% anyways. I think you get the idea though, many ways to fry a fish.

Latest posts

Top Bottom