Rubbermaid CFL Closet Grow-Noob Questions

• Thread starter The Wiz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Nice 1st time harvest.. 1st times r always super fun & exciting.. Great grow it only gets better from here.. Enjoy ur hard work

T

The Wiz

Thanks for the kind words everyone! If it wasn't for this forum and advice from a few friends, I don't think I would have ever made it to this point. It's very rewarding to get compliments from veteran growers who's grows I have learned and read so much about.

LikemindS, trailer park boys for the win, great show! Hopefully my setup was better designed than those in the episode you speak of lol.

I will follow up with final yields and smoke reports for both strains in a week or so. In the mean time, it's time to get super duper high then eat some tacos, peace!!!

T

The Wiz

yum

:bong-hits:....

sounds delicious and much healthier than the beef tacos I am about to devour!

O

old spice

That's quite a grow. I'm sure it will more people than you know. Good work farmer.

L

LikemindS

Thanks for the kind words everyone! If it wasn't for this forum and advice from a few friends, I don't think I would have ever made it to this point. It's very rewarding to get compliments from veteran growers who's grows I have learned and read so much about.

LikemindS, trailer park boys for the win, great show! Hopefully my setup was better designed than those in the episode you speak of lol.

Here ya go man I found one of the scenes with Ricky's micro-grow for ya. 'Countdown To Liquor Day'

Picture_11.png

Picture_2.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z7DsijARPU&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

T

The Wiz

haha

Now I definitely need to watch that whole episode! I see the resemblance to my grow for sure, although I might need to change my design, looks like trash cans could increase my vertical room lol.

Update: Trying to get a Dutch Passion Mekong High clone to root as of yesterday. That would be a sweet addition to my growbox along with my crappy bagseed clone for my second indoor grow.

Sativa is almost dry and ready for curing!!!

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Also, I'd recommend leaving this forum. The sysadmin has no idea what they are doing. I just had to enable java (and leak my IP) to get here. Might head back over to roll it up... Not sure yet, but this place has let me down...

Thats some good advice right there. Go back to roll it up where their servers are in Cali in the USA :lipssealed

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

ROFLMAO ... yeah riu is hosted/registered with godaddy.& they log IP's :giggle :D

T

The Wiz

Weigh In

Final Yield: 45g Chernobyl, 15g Anesthesia = 60g total

The Chernobyl is excellent weed with a piney taste and other complex earthy flavors and smells. The main colas are completely covered with crystals and hairs and get me beyond stoned. A good indica/sativa combo high, significant head high with lesser but still noticeable body high.

The Anesthesia obviously didn't develop quite as well or as healthy. The smoke is very good and it is perfect for before bed or when I know I will be resting for a while.

Curing will continue for 2-3 weeks and I will be able to tell when it's done curing since I'll be smoking it the whole time. 2 oz is the perfect personal amount for me, so the Rubbermaid did her job and did it well! At least one more grow in her to come.

Last pics (1 OZ of Chernobyl on screen, Close up, Curing):

Screen shot 2011 07 26 at 64947 PM
Screen shot 2011 07 26 at 65040 PM
Screen shot 2011 07 26 at 64808 PM
Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

right on.. great job buddy :) time to blazzeeee :joint:
so whats on the agenda for the next round :wondering

T

The Wiz

1) Bagseed clone in 12/12 right now in Rubbermaid, trying to find out sex asap.

2) Also trying to get a Mekong High clone to root in other room for next grow. Might try cloning mother again in a couple weeks if necessary.

3) Have another Pyramid freebie (Tutankhamun) that I'm going to sprout in tandem with the Mekong High once I can get it to clone.

4) Almost time to order seeds, damn.

I

Implacable

Your grow looks amazing, congrats on what looked like some beautiful crops. In a general sense (don't give away your secrets, that is), what would be a good way to go about concealing and/or making the stacked rubbermaids inconspicuous? To me it seems like having the bins stacked on top of each other would be a giveaway for something fishy, but then again...

T

The Wiz

Welcome to the farm Implacable, and thanks for the kind words!

Good question about the potential stealth of the stacked Rubbermaid design. I did not go all out with stealth, a little light leak here and there didn't matter because my fan was so loud anyone who got that close would know something was sketchy just from the noise.

If I was going for stealth I would definitely get a quieter fan and maybe use two of those instead of my big noisy one. To completely conceal the Rubbermaids, you could tape cardboard boxes with the bottom side open to the intake and outtake holes, to prevent light from getting out and still allowing air to pass through, and then drape a large piece of cloth or heavy blanket over the whole setup. If you can set up the blanket so enough air can circulate through, you would have yourself a pretty stealthy blanket covered stack of "storage boxes". Be creative, and remember, sound, smell and overall appearance are all equally important components to a real stealth grow.

Speaking of the Rubbermaids, here is my bagseed gal that has been in flower for over 2 weeks now and is showing signs that it's a female!!! If someone can confirm that in the close-up picture below, I would love to hear your thoughts!

The last pic is all of the new fully Organic nutes I picked up recently. Organic Earthworm Castings, Fox Farm soil, Great White beneficial nutes, and some Organic veg nutes by Organicare. Think I got ripped off on the Great White? That stuff was pretty expensive, and I had never considered using anything like it up until my last trip to the store. Already threw some on in my most recent feeding and the plant looks happy, the stretch was HUGE! I started flowering when she was pretty small.

Full
Female
Newnutes
L

LikemindS

Very Nice Wiz!
Looks like that Rubbermaid design worked great!
Keep up the good work bro.
Happy Smokin!
:rollj:

T

The Wiz

??

Does that look like a female to anyone else or is it still too early to tell? Just about 2 weeks into flower now...

S

spider125

You said you took a clone off your bag seed plant right? It was a female wasnt it? If so it will be a female. Good job on the final weight too. One question though. Are your lights at the top straight up and down? If so, try turning them sideways.

G

Greencandyman

Really nice micro. I grew with floros back in the day, but did not have cfls back then, and I would have been real happy with that. Nice job. Nice lookin bud.

D

dogofan

great!

hei good mini grow man!i'm with the others tellin' you kind words.please tell me:the total lights during flowering was 80w?so in conditions similar to yours with +-100w i will get a decent amount of weed?wat about auto's in this setup?thankyou man

Latest posts

Top Bottom