Rubbery stalk and branches...falling over

• Thread starter Alexanderj
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Alexanderj

Alexanderj

Hi All,

I have seen this once before with another plant entirely. I have been growing for about 5 years and only saw this once before. There doesn't seem to be any information on the internet about this. In this case its an Afghani78 x AC/DC.

Symptoms include:
  1. bendy stems
  2. bendy stalk
  3. falling over/wobbly can't support its own weight

This is in VEGETATIVE stage as in like 8 week old veg plants. All plants look super healthy and I just transplanted and have beautiful white roots. Its lush and has lots of shoots. Color of leaves is a nice dark green (not too dark but healthy looking). Stems are a little thin but I think that is the strain. Stalk is sort of thin as well. I just transplanted from 3 to 5gal yesterday that's how I know the roots look healthy. Came down to see the plant had fallen over. I used bamboo to support the stalk. Yes I put the plant in with enough depth and soil but the roots have not grown outward yet in its new home.

The last plant this happened to was a pineapple haze x illusion og and it flowered fine but was horizontal for a good portion of its vegetative phase (due to the fact that it fell over). I never transplanted after observing so it stayed in the 3gal and I flowered her. She is drying now, I don't know if this affects potency but yield was fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I suspect some strange new virus or something.

Alexanderj

Alexanderj

I had a feeling, yes I'll get it now but its just a wobbly looking healthy plant. Not much to see. Any other thoughts given it looks as I describe? (While I head downstairs to take a pic)

Alexanderj

Alexanderj

Hi All,

I have seen this once before with another plant entirely. I have been growing for about 5 years and only saw this once before. There doesn't seem to be any information on the internet about this. In this case its an Afghani78 x AC/DC.

Symptoms include:
  1. bendy stems
  2. bendy stalk
  3. falling over/wobbly can't support its own weight

This is in VEGETATIVE stage as in like 8 week old veg plants. All plants look super healthy and I just transplanted and have beautiful white roots. Its lush and has lots of shoots. Color of leaves is a nice dark green (not too dark but healthy looking). Stems are a little thin but I think that is the strain. Stalk is sort of thin as well. I just transplanted from 3 to 5gal yesterday that's how I know the roots look healthy. Came down to see the plant had fallen over. I used bamboo to support the stalk. Yes I put the plant in with enough depth and soil but the roots have not grown outward yet in its new home.

The last plant this happened to was a pineapple haze x illusion og and it flowered fine but was horizontal for a good portion of its vegetative phase (due to the fact that it fell over). I never transplanted after observing so it stayed in the 3gal and I flowered her. She is drying now, I don't know if this affects potency but yield was fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I suspect some strange new virus or something.

5AC2E3FF D83A 4519 93FF 6B216182BA5C
EE4F271F 3BF8 4C56 8971 F71F15E19528
067AA5F6 2095 49F9 AA0E EB5B84AF27A4
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
HpLVd - Symptoms include reduced vigor, abnormal branching, stunted trichome production, reduced potency, and an overall loss of quality and yield.

is that what you see in your plants?

the bamboo is good, that will help it.

good luck and maybe someone can help. if it is the virus he said, it is not a good thing. maybe it is just needing time to recover from the transplant.

you say you had this happen before, how long ago? could the virus have hit and this one caught it too? if so, the tent is infected.

i hope it is not the virus! id definitely shut down after this grow and clean well!

Alexanderj

Alexanderj

I just cleaned the tent these were moved into the tent. I have a 3rd tent that has flowering plants and they are all perfect. This was showing the bendy/rubbery characteristics before transplant. It seems to spread by intracellular contact (using clippers on different plants introducing the virus to the internals of the victim). Hopefully that is the only way it spreads if so I'm making adjustments to my routine so it doesn't happen again its just annoying that I can't clone this plant and need to start from seed all over (regular seeds) of this particular strain.

thanks for your suggestions.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
How old is the light? What lights are you using? I've seen low light levels making them grow tall and lanky. With a very old 1000w hps too far away. Soon as I bought a new lamp & brought the plants closer that went away

Alexanderj

Alexanderj

It was under a veg8 (next light) next to other plants that were not exhibiting those symptoms. Now it’s in a 5x5 with 2x315 growers choice club and one 4’ bar of 4xchilled logic pucks from rapid led.

not a light problem.

Top Bottom