Rules on outdoor growing in Illinois?

• Thread starter bguwop420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bguwop420

bguwop420

Getting mixed answers on this. some say no only indoors and others say yes but it has to be covered completely to the public...which isn't that easy

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Getting mixed answers on this. some say no only indoors and others say yes but it has to be covered completely to the public...which isn't that easy
I've heard it has to be in a locked area and invisible from public spaces such as roads or sidewalks. I don't know for sure, either. I would ask a cop next time you see one, they usually know, not always but usually.

Either that or look up the actual code online, and decipher from that if you can.

bguwop420

bguwop420

I've heard it has to be in a locked area and invisible from public spaces such as roads or sidewalks. I don't know for sure, either. I would ask a cop next time you see one, they usually know, not always but usually.

Either that or look up the actual code online, and decipher from that if you can.
I'm not asking a cop lmao I got my medical card tho

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
In cali when it comes to growing, every city or municipality, can make up its own rules. If you are in an unincorporated area, then you have to go by the county rules. So you might want to Google the cannabis growing regulations for your city, or your county. They shouldn’t be too hard to find. Unless Illinois has some kind of blanket growing regulations for the whole state which I doubt.

bguwop420

bguwop420

In cali when it comes to growing, every city or municipality, can make up its own rules. If you are in an unincorporated area, then you have to go by the county rules. So you might want to Google the cannabis growing regulations for your city, or your county. They shouldn’t be too hard to find. Unless Illinois has some kind of blanket growing regulations for the whole state which I doubt.
Ok bet thanks

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Out here the state did not want to usurp the local governments power to decide what is good for their neck of the woods and what is popular with their constituents. So all of the indoor and outdoor growing regulations are established locally. Like all outdoor growing is against the law in my county. Maybe Illinois is different. But it’s up to you to ferret out the regulations, and decide whether you want to become an outlaw or not! L O L

memnoch

memnoch

I wondered the same thing a while back this is what i found.
  • Legally, only five plants, over five inches tall can be grown in a home,
  • The plants must be locked away from the public eye,
  • The minors should not have access to the place where cannabis is being grown
  • If you do not own the place but wish to grow cannabis you must have the consent of the legal property owner.

bguwop420

bguwop420

Out here the state did not want to usurp the local governments power to decide what is good for their neck of the woods and what is popular with their constituents. So all of the indoor and outdoor growing regulations are established locally. Like all outdoor growing is against the law in my county. Maybe Illinois is different. But it’s up to you to ferret out the regulations, and decide whether you want to become an outlaw or not! L O L
Yea from what I've heard your grow has to be completely out of public view and you have to be able to lock it somehow so I guess greenhouse is the only way...but I'm doing it anyway in public view my whole neighborhood can see it by now 😂

bguwop420

bguwop420

I wondered the same thing a while back this is what i found.
  • Legally, only five plants, over five inches tall can be grown in a home,
  • The plants must be locked away from the public eye,
  • The minors should not have access to the place where cannabis is being grown
  • If you do not own the place but wish to grow cannabis you must have the consent of the legal property owner.
How long were you on provisional? It's been almost 2 months for me..can I grow with this

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
You kind of have to be careful. The guy above said only five plants can be grown……. In a home. He didn’t say anything about growing outdoors. And they are specific about what a locked and out of public view means. Usually I just means fenced with a lock on the gate. And keep them low. Not necessarily a greenhouse. Where I’m at, green houses are considered outdoors, thus illegal. Plain as day. So do your due diligence and keep flying the flag! I consider pot growing a form of nonviolent, civil disobedience!😆 But the judge might consider it a felony! And there’s about a 50-50 chance that we might find out! Lol! Joke them if they can’t take a fuck!

Last edited:
bguwop420

bguwop420

You kind of have to be careful. The guy above said only five plants can be grown……. In a home. He didn’t say anything about growing outdoors. And they are specific about what a locked and out of public view means. Usually I just means fenced with a lock on the gate. And keep them low. Not necessarily a greenhouse. Where I’m at, green houses are considered outdoors, thus illegal. Plain as day. So do your due diligence and keep flying the flag! I consider pot growing a form of nonviolent, civil disobedience!😆
Yea it's not clear enough on what they mean but the penalty is 200$ fine if u get caught growing under 5 plants outdoors ..I'll take the risk for now lmao but I just bought a whole indoor set up

Top Bottom