Run off EC is 3.0-6.0

• Thread starter qupee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Fe- are so uncommon in cannabis, IME, though. You know you can foliar the Cal-Mag, yes? If she weren't so new I'd suggest separating the Ca and the Mg feedings, because of how Ca behaves, being immobile and such.

Since she says they're still yellowing, I would not do a water-only, I would do a light feed. I did notice that the stems were rather red/purple, this is a sign of P-. I should have put a blurb I read about what P does for the plant in a document so I could C&P, but IIRC it's important for the plant in making sugars that it needs for growth processes.

Btw, I've seen people really fuck up their plants by using too much LK. I'm wondering if you might wanna back off the LK and bring up the grow and Cal-Mag.

qupee

qupee

On the 10th we gave them 5ml/g CalMag & 16ml/g Bloom at 850 ppm, runoff was 700ppm.
On the 12th they got just plain RO water no runoff.
On the 14th they got 6ml/g CalMag, 2ml/g Silica Blast, 20ml/g Bloom at 950ppm, runoff was 750 ppm.
Last night they got 5ml/g CalMag & 6ml/g LK at 400ppm, runoff was 700ppm.

They've been sucking up the water, by 40 hours they are quite dry. Stretchy girls.. after the good bloom feed on the 1oth the new stem growth since hasn't been red/purple.

Last night we took another shot at taking clones, haven't been having success yet. Added a heating mat since I felt like the plugs felt fairly cool. Cleaned up all the larf, too, and they're all starting to show the beginnings of flowering.

The tops, though, they are still a bit yellow on new growth. They don't look that bad under overhead room florescents, looks worse under hps or mh. Leaves are a bit cupped in these, they were very thirsty.

Pl7

Pl6

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Looks pretty darn good to me, qupee. She's lucky to have you to help her out, truly.

qupee

qupee

I try to get her to sign up here herself, but if it isn't facebook, pinterest, or snapchat she doesn't have time, lol.

Impressed by these Chemmy Jones so far. Nice old school funk and they are vigorous. On the next run it will be fun showing her training and topping etc. They responded well to topping and candelabra'd right up. 8-10 strong, fat tips on each - sturdy stems, definitely going to support good flower growth. Kind of long inter-nodal distance though. 3 of them are very thirsty & hungry and grow fast and tall, the 4th wants noticeably less food and is more squat. Looks like they'd be a great strain for vertical scrogging, 5 gal buckets, grow em to the ceiling.

qupee

qupee

Just thought I'd update, seems to have cleared up and they're all doing well. The room gets 4 gallons every 36 hours. Cycle is feed, feed, plain water. One feed we use the "advanced" lineup, sweet, silica, hydroplex, etc. with less bloom - everything except vitamino. The other feed is the just calmag and bloom at a higher rate.

They stretched so high that we took the reflector off the tube, and 1kw was a bit much, couldn't get the plants far enough away from the bulb, so we turned it back down to 600w. Running pretty smoothly, but it would be better if a watering would make it 48 hours.

The clones are also finally showing roots, so that's good. Had me worried for a bit. The first ones never took. These ones started coming out the sides of the plugs between 10-12 days.

Pl8

Last edited:
qupee

qupee

:( Some hermies popped up. Probably from watering during lights off. Tried to keep ambient light in the adjacent room minimal and use a small green led bulb in the room, but I guess these fem'd chemmy jones are more sensitive than strains I've run before. There wasn't many nanners, but they were just spotted yesterday so hopefully they don't proliferate.

Otherwise they are filling up nicely and getting stanky. Bulk reef supply had a deal on their 6-stage ro/di system recently, didn't have to try very hard to convince her to invest in that as she does not enjoy lugging 5 gallon jugs of water from the store. I'm going over to install that tonight.

It's day 31 of flower, too. Looking like it'll be a good yield. Curious to see how the tall, lanky stretcher fills in. It's behind the others right now but I expect it will fill in for some nice baseball bat branches.

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

The tips of the plant look wilted is that from under watering?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ah, too bad about the hermies, but really, considering where these 'girls' started..?

qupee

qupee

The tips of the plant look wilted is that from under watering?

Yes, they were very dry when that pic was taken. We were trying to make 48 hours between waterings and it just wasn't enough. I believe we also had the light at 1kw and they were a bit heat stressed. Put it back down to 600w now and temps are just perfect, and a watering almost lasts 48 hours again, sometimes.

Ah, too bad about the hermies, but really, considering where these 'girls' started..?

Is that a reference to them being feminized seeds? We couldn't find any more after she picked them all off the other day, but I told her to try and do a thorough look through twice a day if possible at least through the weekend. I'm impressed, she spotted them herself while watering and was like um what is this thing it doesn't look right. Told her to pluck one off carefully, take it out of the room and squeeze it and sure enough she got a puff of pollen. They were still immature and only a half dozen or so down on the lower nodes so it shouldn't have caused too much pollination. Not like my first run ever where I was unsure about identifying sex and ended up with a couple males fully pollinating 5 fems in a small cabinet. Holy mother of seeds that was.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No, a reference to the problems that started this whole thread. It sounds to me like you're helping someone run their room from afar, you're having to make trips to go help this gal out, you're doing a lot of the homework, etc. So trouble is bound to occur in a situation like this. I'd forgotten, frankly, that these were feminized, but you've just reaffirmed for me why I'll go with straight sex over chemical sex.

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

you've just reaffirmed for me why I'll go with straight sex over chemical sex.

I could pull this out of context in so many ways and/or lead this into different topics of conversation. Oh well..

I think seamaiden was being supportive in her own way- you've been doing a good job helping some one else out with their first run. Remember to turn those mistakes into opportunity by taking notes and jumping on the learning curve early.

qupee

qupee

No, a reference to the problems that started this whole thread. It sounds to me like you're helping someone run their room from afar, you're having to make trips to go help this gal out, you're doing a lot of the homework, etc. So trouble is bound to occur in a situation like this. I'd forgotten, frankly, that these were feminized, but you've just reaffirmed for me why I'll go with straight sex over chemical sex.

She's holding her own, not like I'm doing all the leg work. But there's a lot to learn and showing/talking to someone in person can pass on a lot of basic knowledge quickly. Plus I enjoy playing in the garden and feeling like all those hours reading these forums are put to at least some good use. Her and I and my wife all get along splendidly, too, so it's always a pleasure to visit.

Any-who. Full house:

Pl10

qupee

qupee

Had a trimming party last night. Filled up 5 gallons of glass jars, so a pretty decent haul. Haven't weighed it yet but should be well over a lb, and these genes definitely have the potential for more weight. Very heady buzz, very strong. Still needs to cure, but it's already smelling delish. Great old school funk, like the fire I used to pinch from my dad's glovebox as a teenager. Our friend was so ecstatic to finally see the results of all her hard work, she was literally in tears, sweet happy tears :)

Top Bottom