Run off LOW, HELP

• Thread starter LEDhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LEDhead

LEDhead

Can someone tell me why this is happening
I mix my feed at 900ppm 5.9ph run off is 430ppm 5.25 I'm feeding wait a couple days JUST RO wait couple days and feed again but the ppm won't come up

E

Empire

its because your coco isnt sufficiently "charged". coco has a huge CEC (cation exchange capacity) which means the coco will basically hold onto a lot of nutes at first until its fully charged.. meaning those nutes wont be available to the plant.

you shouldnt be feeding plain RO every other watering either. thats just crazy talk. its not dirt. its coco.

feed really heavy with your 900-1100ppm mix. at least 20-30% runoff. if not more. watch your runoff, itll straighten out and be where u want it.

quit feeding plain RO. even when u flush coco u need to have a mild nutrient mix. especially cal mag. using coco as well as RO requires a decent amount of cal mag every feed.

LEDhead

LEDhead

Ok so your saying just feed ONLY I say RO but it Sparkletts Water I'm using 12ppm 6.5ph so I'll keep feeding every other day see if it helps

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Empire is correct. New coco has little nutrition in it to begin. Fuck the flush. Just feed. No need for all the flushing, especially when the coco is new and the plants are young. I pre-charge (soak before original use) with EC of about 1.0 Then for Veg I feed with 1.4 EC. Flower gets up to 2.0-2.2 EC at max.

-TF

LEDhead

LEDhead

Should I let it dry out a bit before feeding or when should I notice a change, I feed last night and this morning, my OG is 524ppm 6.1ph runs 240ppm 6.08, Nebula is tricky :( it's full grown and I'm feeding at 940ppm at 5.9 but it runs 5.2 at 476ppm :(

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Personally I don't even check my runoff. I used to, and then someone asked me why I was making things more complicated than they needed to be.

I just listen to what my plants are telling me. If they look like they need more, I give em more. If they look like they've had too much, I give em a flush. If they look happy, I keep doing what I'm doing.

LEDhead

LEDhead

Ok can some then PLEASE help to explain the flush to me I mean I understand I flush old or an over abundance of nutes in the system but do I wait a few days after the flush to replenish the coco with fresh nutes and is a flush in veg the same as in harvest as in 3X the size of your container?

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Personally I don't even check my runoff. I used to, and then someone asked me why I was making things more complicated than they needed to be.

I just listen to what my plants are telling me. If they look like they need more, I give em more. If they look like they've had too much, I give em a flush. If they look happy, I keep doing what I'm doing.

thats gospel:fighting0085:

LEDhead

LEDhead

Ok can some then PLEASE help to explain the flush to me I mean I understand I flush old or an over abundance of nutes in the system but do I wait a few days after the flush to replenish the coco with fresh nutes and is a flush in veg the same as in harvest as in 3X the size of your container?

Bump

Chobble

Chobble

Empire is right on the money, Coco/Peat have a very high CEC. The idea of substrate culture is to feed feed feed feed and then maybe flush if your hitting the point where you've fed to much. Your watching your run off. Those nutes are going somewhere and not being thrown out with the run off, dont worry about it.

Just watch your ladies, and be proactive with your run off testing. Maybe even keep records (I do.) So that you can optimize how the fluctuations are working out.

Chobble

Top Bottom