Run off PH??

• Thread starter Surfr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Surfr

Whats up guys! Excuse my ignorance here, but I am wanting to switch over to coco and had a question.. Is it important to still check the run off of coco like soil? Or does it simply not matter in coco? I have heard conflicting things and am a little confused! Thanks!

:character0180:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Two schools of thought on that. One school is religious about run-off pH and getting that right. The other school says that if what's going in is good and you don't have deficiencies, imbalances or lock-outs, don't worry about it.

And there you have it!

I have spent time chasing my pH run-off tail trying to get it driven down, and I'm not worrying about it anymore. Maybe next run.

S

Surfr

Two schools of thought on that. One school is religious about run-off pH and getting that right. The other school says that if what's going in is good and you don't have deficiencies, imbalances or lock-outs, don't worry about it.

And there you have it!

I have spent time chasing my pH run-off tail trying to get it driven down, and I'm not worrying about it anymore. Maybe next run.

Thanks Seamaiden! Question for ya... What nutes are you running? And problems with letting the PH runoff do what it wants? Thanks!!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I am always experimenting. My current coco run I'm mixing it up a little, been using PBP for veg & bloom, with boosts from Big Bud and Koolbloom (both powdered and liquid).

I would like to see the pH of my run-off much closer to what I'm putting in. Unfortunately, due to some family stuff happening right before this run was put into flower meant that I had to rely on my husband and my son to care for the girls. So I had to really simplify the recipe and reduce their work, so I had them mix the RO/DI water 50/50 with tap water. Big mistake, because our well water is that hard & alkaline. Means I am forever battling what's become 'locked' into the coco from the well water, which drives pH and alkalinity up (alkalinity as a measure of buffering capacity).

But to give a very short answer to the last question, I don't think I'm having or creating problems by letting run-off pH go where it will, but I also honestly think I need more experience under my belt to give a more definitive answer.

I hope that makes sense.

Top Bottom