run off ppm

• Thread starter Hondaguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hondaguy

Whats up guys decided to check my run off the other day and the meter could not read its mass ppm is 2000 i think. plants where a little slow growing seem ok now since flush. this might be my problem in flower also. cant seem to get end product to taste/ smell good but how much run off should i have and what should be the ppm when im ready to chop run off ppm i mean. never checked the ppm of the run off when flushing for the last 2 weeks. trying to figure out where im goin wrong here. its a real bitch when u wait 9 weeks for this and it dont come out right. any help would be appreciated

Unit541

Unit541

Coco can be a bitch with build up as the grow goes on. It's my opinion though, that flushing does not make anything better. In fact it's my opinion that flushing is simply asinine in the first place. It just sets into a motion an extreme swing, that gets the grower chasing his tail. Putting water in the gas tank might get some residue out of your fuel lines, but you're not going any further down the road that's for sure.

In general, your runoff will be a bit higher than what goes in, but if you have your EC and watering schedule/volume dialed, it will stabilize. Hint: water more frequently, with a lower EC. Drip Clean works if you need a rather expensive piece of mind, but as long as you keep it from drying out it becomes a moot point.

mastagrowa

mastagrowa

Coco can be a bitch with build up as the grow goes on. It's my opinion though, that flushing does not make anything better. In fact it's my opinion that flushing is simply asinine in the first place. It just sets into a motion an extreme swing, that gets the grower chasing his tail. Putting water in the gas tank might get some residue out of your fuel lines, but you're not going any further down the road that's for sure.

In general, your runoff will be a bit higher than what goes in, but if you have your EC and watering schedule/volume dialed, it will stabilize. Hint: water more frequently, with a lower EC. Drip Clean works if you need a rather expensive piece of mind, but as long as you keep it from drying out it becomes a moot point.

Interesting idea, but the gas tank metaphor is apples n oranges.

How long have you been growing in coco without any flushing? What's your runoff PPMs after say, week 4?

And yeah, Drip Clean is a necessity in coco when you run hot (hi EC) nute levels, in my opinion. $60 a liter ain't bad ;)

H

Hondaguy

ive been growing in coco for 2 years got nice results but just cant get the end product to taste/smell good i mean it doesent smell like hay but i dont like it so trying to find what im doing wrong. iv never really flushed with 20 gallons of water im in 5 gallon root pots/smart pots i just give plan water at the end but the plants dont always yellow up they just kind of turn to crap. i was only asking about run off cuz i transplanted an had watered to run off an my ppm meter would not read the run off was to high i think my meter maxes out at 2000 ppm so i was a little nerves

Wildill

Wildill

ive been growing in coco for 2 years got nice results but just cant get the end product to taste/smell good i mean it doesent smell like hay but i dont like it so trying to find what im doing wrong. iv never really flushed with 20 gallons of water im in 5 gallon root pots/smart pots i just give plan water at the end but the plants dont always yellow up they just kind of turn to crap. i was only asking about run off cuz i transplanted an had watered to run off an my ppm meter would not read the run off was to high i think my meter maxes out at 2000 ppm so i was a little nerves

Just feed plain water after that transplant did you check
The run off of the 5 gallon pot before transplant? I have be growing in coco for over 5 years try flushing to less than 100 ppm at harvest you will see a big difference in taste and smell

S

sureshot66

runoff up to 25% higher than feed ppm is fine, just back your nutes off and feed more frequently to flush and lower runoff...drip clean shouldnt be added full strength if you havent been using it, it can unlock salts too fast and fuck your plants up, ive added it gradually, thenm ramped up...i use pekacid, same thing as drip clean but powder form from chn.com and cheap fuck that 60$ litre

Top Bottom