Run Off??

• Thread starter tinderthumbs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

so how important do yall believe run off is and how much would yall like to see come out the plant each watering or every other any info would b great ty

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
so how important do yall believe run off is and how much would yall like to see come out the plant each watering or every other any info would b great ty

I usually prefer as close to 0 runoff as possible. I measure and feed them a specific amount each time. Just enough to saturate the media.

If it runs out the pot into the catch tray I just pour it back into the pot and the soil holds into it.

I'm not paying for all those nutrients just to let them run down the drain.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I usually prefer as close to 0 runoff as possible. I measure and feed them a specific amount each time. Just enough to saturate the media.

If it runs out the pot into the catch tray I just pour it back into the pot and the soil holds into it.

I'm not paying for all those nutrients just to let them run down the drain.
how do u stop salt build up?

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

cant stop feeding so much they want it they just don't like to set I salt im thinking

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

I see your fairly new to gardening salt build up is as simple as over feeding them..

Feed your plants the right way to maximize garden performance and minimize crop loss. Too much or too little of the necessary nutrients can do a lot of damage to your cannabis crop. The wrong pH can make a strong dose of nutrients chemically unavailable to your plants. And salts can build up over time causing plants to die of thirst while surrounded by water. Follow a feeding schedule and take good notes to ensure success in your garden
its as simple as that ...

Observation is key start off with small dosages and slowly add more until you see either leaf tip issues or other issues

True organic soil with proper nutrient availability , and proper amounts should in fact take a plant thru veg and flower cycle,

Pending on strain some minor tweaks may need to be done during ,, such as adding composts as a mulch or making teas

Experiment find the right soil mix get your soil tested they will tell you what it needs

In organic soils leaching of the soil is depriving plants of its mobile nutrients as it gets washed away..

flushing is a last resort when some has ph issues caused from salt build up

People have to stop hammering there plants with nutrients thinking there doing the plant good. that is Novice thinking ..
There only compounding the issue further down the line
I Have over 4o years growing experience and in tat time i learned that a nice diet for plants are much better and trouble free then hammering and chasing plants

Least from my Experience the highest i ever fed plants was 1350 ppm ..

I found the best range to be 850 max that is my initial ppm for my organic soil mix placing a sexed / 5 week old plant in it and it will take that plant 7 months till harvest with out adding nothing in ground water only

Indoor being i have excluded insects and other carbon cycle species that help ..

I will use same soil but with teas added due to polluted indoor air and artificial lighting and other factors

Bottom line your God in your grow room if you want to run off then by all means do so is it needed ??? only if you over fed them organically speaking ??? Why bother

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

what if people have a water softener they forced to use ro water and all the ect stuff ???

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

and sry u kinda lost me I was wondering about run off u talking about feeding your plants nute do u never give them just plane water or u just always give them some sort of nute feeding I have to the that with my soilless mix never just pure water

Latest posts

Top Bottom