Kl420

Hello guys, first time indoor grower here. So here are some details:
Strain - c99 x blueberry fast
Age - 9 days
Lights - 2 bestVA 600w on veg mode
Medium - soil
Temperature - 32°C (90°F)
Tent size 3x3ft

So just added these two new lights to the tent and they are placed 24 inches above the plants but the temperature inside the tent has gone upto 33°C (90°F) now. Is this bad? So far cannot see any damage or burnt tips but I'm concerned about the temperature. I'm living in a tropical country and the outside temperature ranges between 26 to 30 Celsius on average daily. What can I do if this is too hot?

Running 90f temps
M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
What type of ventilation/ air movement are you running?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
There is one exhaust fan, and the tent door is open all the time to get more intake. Thinking of getting another fan for internal wind flow for the plants also
With good air flow and your humidity around 60% you should be good in veg. I find flowering indoors with high heat and humidity tough to get my girls happy and I've had bud rot because of it. I try not to flower in the summer here because of the high heat and humdity

Kl420

Kl420

With good air flow and your humidity around 60% you should be good in veg. I find flowering indoors with high heat and humidity tough to get my girls happy and I've had bud rot because of it. I try not to flower in the summer here because of the high heat and humdity
Thanks for the answers, yeah the temperature is only this high under the lights, the ambient air temperature is around 28°C (85°F). Hopefully they won't get stunted. How long before signs of heat exposure to occur?

Kl420

Kl420

Update : 8 hours since new lights. Does anyone think these seedlings have started to "pray" due to too much light?

20210817 203940
20210817 203907
Ponky

Ponky

Unless you have 1250 ppm of CO2 that temperature is way too high. You need to cut it....Down to below 84F and hopefully down to 78F or less for the last 3 weeks of flower.

Kl420

Kl420

Update : now managed to reduce the temperature down to 84°F by opening one side of the tent fully and directing a standing fan towards it. Thanks guys for the advice, will keep this updated

13east

13east

if not genetically trich heavy then cool will give you more frost... heat correlates with resin production but silica is needed to protect biosynth process... why i'm saying this is because great weed can be grown in any temp but the guidelines for what the plant actually enjoys seem to be set!

Kl420

Kl420

Hello guys I have walked into an issue which I cannot diagnose, any help would be highly appreciated. 1 of my plants are drooping in the morning. I have watered all the plants the same amount and at same times but only this plant seems to be dropping, currently when the pictures were taken the soil is still moist. But I have noticed the soil colour in this pot is also a bit darker, could it be too much nutrition, or a pH problem? Any solutions for this? All the other plants are very healthy

20210822 060417
20210822 060426
freezeland2

freezeland2

Update : now managed to reduce the temperature down to 84°F by opening one side of the tent fully and directing a standing fan towards it. Thanks guys for the advice, will keep this updated
At some point you are going to have to come up with a more permanent solution to keeping the temp down. What you did is fine during veg. Do you plan to keep it open during flowering? That ain’t gonna work out well at that point.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

86 degrees is the temp where heat damage starts for cannabis. Try and keep it below that. Any higher needs more water to sweat out.
What kind of soil is that?

Kl420

Kl420

At some point you are going to have to come up with a more permanent solution to keeping the temp down. What you did is fine during veg. Do you plan to keep it open during flowering? That ain’t gonna work out well at that point.
Yes planning to make it air tight/light tight and add a big exhaust fan and an intake vent afyer around week 4. For now the temps are between 80°F and 87°F (peak noon time)

Kl420

Kl420

86 degrees is the temp where heat damage starts for cannabis. Try and keep it below that. Any higher needs more water to sweat out.
What kind of soil is that?
Yeah been able to keep the temps down to 80 to 85°F recently, but the drooping plant started only two days ago. There was nothing of big change if anything, it happened by itself, the other plants are doing alright. Can it be a pH problem. Because the soil for that plant was mixed with a different brand of compost which is considerably darker in colour than the other pots' soil. Soil contains coco husk and manure and some other stuff.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Yeah been able to keep the temps down to 80 to 85°F recently, but the drooping plant started only two days ago. There was nothing of big change if anything, it happened by itself, the other plants are doing alright. Can it be a pH problem. Because the soil for that plant was mixed with a different brand of compost which is considerably darker in colour than the other pots' soil. Soil contains coco husk and manure and some other stuff.
That soil may be too thick to drain properly and that causes the overwatering.

Top Bottom