running an all keef concentrate any tips or things I should know?

• Thread starter dabbaholic84
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dabbaholic84

I know the obviious warnings of combustion im not meaning safety warnings.. im wanting to know if it will act any diff. from running the norm.. im talkin bho

socalpunx

socalpunx

I am a little confused on what your attempting to do and what your wanting to know.Are you saying you want to make bho from just pure keif?

T

toquer

Best to take primo nugs, grind coarsely with cheese grater and shake in bag with keif.
As far as ratio, as much flower as necessary to make the keif not settle out at the bottom of the bag.
Also, I've never had it shatter this way. Makes a waxy substance.

urban1026835

urban1026835

I agree with doing a thermos type wash because like an idiot I blasted about a 1/2 tube of keif a while back mixed with nugs that ere old and ground up too fine.

end result were too much pressure ands one pissed off sticky mofo as my filters just blew like a bomb out the back end. whole lotta cleaning my walls on the back porch. dirt loves butter you couldn't believe ho long it took me to clean up.

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

I agree with doing a thermos type wash because like an idiot I blasted about a 1/2 tube of keif a while back mixed with nugs that ere old and ground up too fine.

end result were too much pressure ands one pissed off sticky mofo as my filters just blew like a bomb out the back end. whole lotta cleaning my walls on the back porch. dirt loves butter you couldn't believe ho long it took me to clean up.
Yep... same thing happened to me!!

T

toquer

I got a metal screen with a clamp holding it on the blast tube for keif.
But yes. Have blasted an explosive mess all over the yard before. Throw out the clothing, cut the hair, get a new table, realize the mistake and try again. Haha.

D

dabbaholic84

thx for replies.... but no not running thru a tube... ive had another really successful route ive used n past... I just questioned if heat should b different or any lil technical things

urban1026835

urban1026835

sorry for clogging your thread then, but you didn't specify ahead of time. Ask greendot or one of the extract lab guys, sure they will give you the answers your after.

INbreed312

INbreed312

1. Use CLS only for this.
2. You want to use kif that has a bit of plant matter as a buffer to stymie the clumping factor. I prefer and recommend a dry sieve method and shake til you have a bit of green coming through. It makes a tremendous difference.
3. If you can sub-zero it, or get close, do so.
4. Plan to let it push for about 90 min. I am basing this on experience with this method using CLS that holds 1.5p of plant matter, or appx 2.5 of kif/pollen.
5. It will be thick. Shadder will be extremely hard to produce. You will make a claylike material or stable honey much easier.

Tango02

Tango02

Supporter
I would dissolved it all in as little warm solvent as possible and reduce over 115 degrees....then vac purge. Done.

T

toquer

@Tango02 then what do you do with the solid mass of leftover keef? How would you filter it? Buchner funnel perhaps? Keef doesn't dissolve and in the finished product it takes away from clarity not to mention inhibits shattering properties.

Top Bottom