Running CO2 on a timer?

• Thread starter jibs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jibs

jibs

Trying to add CO2 to my garden purchased a tank with regulator I don’t have anything else but a timer possibly to hook it into will that work and it is a titan regulator

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
It would be best to have a control that shuts it off at a set concentration. Also - this is not something to run in a living space. How that enriched atmosphere is vented and where it can leak and accumulate is something to consider. Heavier than air - basements are sketchy application spaces for CO2.

jibs

jibs

It would be best to have a control that shuts it off at a set concentration. Also - this is not something to run in a living space. How that enriched atmosphere is vented and where it can leak and accumulate is something to consider. Heavier than air - basements are sketchy application spaces for CO2.
Damn that sucks I was really hoping it be safe to run it in here I’m really glad I asked I’ve been turning it on for 15 minutes at a time couple times while the lights are on not sure if I’m doing it right I’ve just been turning it on keeping it under five on the valve

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
Most times, you only need to have good ventilation to have adequate CO2. Only in sealed enclosures is it really necessary. I've grown in trailers, where it was pretty much required since they were not vented adequately.

Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

Damn that sucks I was really hoping it be safe to run it in here I’m really glad I asked I’ve been turning it on for 15 minutes at a time couple times while the lights are on not sure if I’m doing it right I’ve just been turning it on keeping it under five on the valve
I run co2 in my tent with tank and regulator in a basement, I have a Additional ppm Sensor controller for solenoid and backup co2 detector, I never leave the tank open when I’m not around to hear the alarm even though it’s automated,
I decided Temps have been too low to utilize so it’s been shut off for this grow.
if you don’t have two ways to read the ppm don’t run a tank

Last edited:
weedtech

weedtech

Supporter

Amen, @Beowuuulf

And good mention - temps. As you might imagine, night temps management in a trailer was easy. Daytime? ah fuck. CO2 was just part of getting that environment functional. It actually turned out well after learning some lessons.

XtraGood

XtraGood

What all is in a co2 system for a sealed room/shed: regulator, controller, tank, lights off venting, mini split, humidity system. Anything I'm not thinking of?

I saw someone using one of those ~5-600 dollar titan grow room controllers that did co2 ppm, hum, temp. Any reason I can't get it done with a co2 ppm only controller for ~$200 and inkbirds for hum and temp, is there an interaction I'd be screwing up somehow?

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
When I deployed CO2, I decided I would figure out how to build a controller of my own. I wrote a bash script for a AMPROBE CO2-100. I needed a reference meter, anyway. I posted the script here a few years back on my old account.

So these days - its alot easier. There are a few open source projects that have the essentials to do this.

jibs

jibs

I run co2 in my tent with tank and regulator in a basement, I have a Additional ppm Sensor controller for solenoid and backup co2 detector, I never leave the tank open when I’m not around to hear the alarm even though it’s automated,
I decided Temps have been too low to utilize so it’s been shut off for this grow.
is there a cheaper way to get two things to check it

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
If you are moderately technical - you can get sensors and use a laptop or raspberry pi to run the software.
If you search for MH-Z19B you will find a little bit of a rabbit hole, but it will be fun. Trust me.
The sensor itself is the lowest cost of its kind AFAIK, and is the basis of many projects and products.

So, may I suggest you start there? You could put a monitor/controller together for under $100.

jibs

jibs

If you are moderately technical - you can get sensors and use a laptop or raspberry pi to run the software.
If you search for MH-Z19B you will find a little bit of a rabbit hole, but it will be fun. Trust me.
The sensor itself is the lowest cost of its kind AFAIK, and is the basis of many projects and products.

So, may I suggest you start there? You could put a monitor/controller together for under $100.
great I’ll look into it for sure thank you
And I’m not very technical at all but I’ll still take a look at it maybe someone around me can figure it out

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
The sensor does all the work, its actually easy to understand. It outputs PPM on a serial port.
If you have a friend you can trust that is technical, this would be a good favor to request.

jibs

jibs

The sensor does all the work, its actually easy to understand. It outputs PPM on a serial port.
If you have a friend you can trust that is technical, this would be a good favor to request.
Ok great I think I do I’ll have to check and see

Top Bottom