Running Dutch Bucket Hydro System Outdoor. First Time Need Tips.

• Thread starter CanadaSeeds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CanadaSeeds

CanadaSeeds

Hey farm wats up! This year I've decided to run some soilmix and hydro grow. I'm doing dutch bucket systems. My only problem is i've never grown hydro before and on top of that the nute line i wanna use, by the look/sounds of it, will be hard to mix correctly. I guess the only info or tips im looking for is maybe just some guidance. I have soil grow to back me up in case the hydro fails. I could use the nectar of the gods nute line which i am considering if what i want to use cannot be done. I'm wondering if i could grow using only the dragon earth medicine nute line. it's a powdered product needs straining they say. http://www.dragonflyearthmedicine.com/applications.html as far as the setup wit the pvc and reservoir tank pump ect.. i think im okay on that stuff. I'm not sure how to mix nutes for this can anyone help here.

just so theres no confusion i want to use this product line in a hydro run.. i'm guessing i would need a fine mesh to keep the system from clogging?
Dragonfly earth medicine

sonoragold

sonoragold

I'll give u my 2 cents as a hydro grower,,,use a different line of ferts your going to give yourself a big headache,,,, nectar of the gods or heavy 16 lineup would b much,,,much better...your going to run into a lot of issues with your ferts u want to use,,,pH for one and will probably gunk up your reservoir really bad..keep your pH around 6..!I let mine float between 5.5 and 6.5. ..water temp also important..68 is about optimal..good luck man...once u get it down u will love hydro...

CanadaSeeds

CanadaSeeds

cool beans man, thx for the input.. so even if i brewed teas and used micro filter bags.. no good? my setup has a filter mesh on my reservoir tank inputs also got paint strainer bags in the bato buckets. But you know if im gonna run into headaches and also im a first time hydro i'll probly grab the nectar lineup..

sonoragold

sonoragold

Yea grab the nectar....now I do use organic ferts and teas when I foliar feed but in your reservoirs you really want ferts that r already for the most part pH adjusted..and remember..kiss method..keep it super simple..don't believe all the hype that u need a hundred diff products,,,I only use 5 and my crop has never looked better..and my ppm is way down...good luck,,,if u need any help let me know..peace

CanadaSeeds

CanadaSeeds

yea brother.. i really like that mentality i am certanily not one to believe the hype lol. im a huge believer in foliar spray/feed because i think plants feed a lot through the leafs. so what products are you using from nectar. right now the only help i need i guess is learning a cost effective drip irrigatiion. i was considering a eco246 pump as the compressor for the irrigation

sonoragold

sonoragold

I'm not using any of their products but have seen people get great results..I personally use GH duo..A and B as my base,,Lucas recepie ie 3 to 1 ratio..along with Heavy 16 Prime and fire..that's it during both their veg and bloom other then I do add humbolts county own...Deep Breath during veg into the first two weeks of flowering...I foliar feed with heavy 16 foliar spray at reccomended dosage but add liquid worm castings and 1 ml of heavy 16 fire per liter and some dutch masters penetrater.... Makes a killer foliar spray I use every 5 days....now I used to use like 25 different products and was a huge mistake,,,through trial and error and a lot of reading and help by other members on here I've started to use what I do now..my ppms were like 1800 to 2000... Now I'm around 800 ppm using filtered water...my plants r super healthy now..without all the salt build up or gunky reservoirs I used to have..

S

Seed Buyer

I do about a hundred heirloom tomatoes vines in dutch pots every year and have learned quite a lot over the past decade. First, any quality hydro nutrient will do "OK" but if you are growing tomatoes they have a very specific ratio of elements they want. With that said you will get the best results using GH Flora Series or Cutting Edge Solutions at 10ml grow/10ml Micro/ 5ml bloom per gallon. This mix will put your ec at about 2.5/2.6 which is ideal after you see the first sets of flower clusters. Grow More makes a cheap dry fert called "Tomato 5-11-26" but you will need to add cal nitrate to it. There is a omri certified hydro organic formula I am playing with called Natures Nectar. Pics to follow.

Top Bottom