Running GDP on 3 different tables with different deficiencies

• Thread starter evu80
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
evu80

evu80

Hoping you guys could advise me on some of the matter that I am encountering with my current run.

I have 3 different flood tables with the same strain and set up. All are top feed with spaghetti tubing with independent reservoirs. I feed each table the exact same nutrient profiles and some how theyre all experiencing different deficiencies that I'm not sure I have corrected.

I'm using the Jack's 3/2/1 nutes regimen along with some other additives such as cali mag and Protekt and my profile is about 130ppm of N 41 of P and 190ish of K. Ca is 135, Mg is 73 and S is 82

My problems started after the initiation of the flowering process. I added some Moab at the start of the bloom cycle for a total 130N 99P and 260K

about one week later into bloom, I notice two of the tables started having Ca issues while another table looked ok. So I went ahead and flushed all the tables and started over with nutes in my reservoir. I had to leave town for a few days and when I came back, the problems progressed even further and the table that didnt show any signs of deficiencies started showing small signs of Calcium deficiencies /lockout.

During this time, my PH was anywhere between 5.5 to 6.2, ppm of 1100, water temp of 70 degrees and air temp of 80 with C02 at 1000ppm. I'm recirculating my nutes as well.

I flushed it out again and ran just plain R/O water for 3 days and started over again.

Now here's my problem, the Calcium issues appear to have stopped all together, but the two table that experienced the worst of it, one of them started to mature faster than the other. This table has full blown orange pistils and has a noticeable amount of purple in the flowers while the other table has mostly white pistils with green flowers. I'm in the start of week 4

The table that suffered the least amount of Ca deficiency now is suffering with yellowing throughout the plant itself and I'm wondering if its because I flushed it too long and once leaves turn yellow, it wont regain its color again during bloom, or that it is still hungry for Nitrogen.

I ran similar numbers with other nutrient lines with other strains and havent had any problems until now.

Any one that knows anything that Im doing wrong please chime in, I'd like to avoid any more issues and hope to finish out this run.

I just wondering about Ca deficiencies/lock out problems that occur during these runs. Assuming you allow PH to fluctuate in its proper range, are the deficiencies occur mostly due to insufficient amounts of Calcium available or could an excess of another element such as N or P or K that could lock it out completely?

Lastly, its about the leaves.

I know that leaves that suffers from necrosis or spotting will not recover after fixing the nutrient issue, but what about leaves that fades from its normal colors.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I honestly can't say that I see you're doing anything wrong, but that's as much to do with my mathematical disabilities as anything else. Classic is right, pix are very helpful if you've got any to share here.

Leaves that fade may recover normal coloration (chlorophyll), but that depends on a few factors.

In the meantime, it appears that your biggest problem is to do with Ca uptake and utilization, and when I'm having trouble getting it sorted out via normal feeding, I will give it as a foliar application. It is absolutely reasonable to think that it can be locked out, either via pH ranges or imbalance of other minerals. I can't recall which minerals are antagonistic to Ca, so I'm going to attach a Mulder's chart.

Mineral interaction chart

Top Bottom