Running Hps Lights on floor

• Thread starter thegrower12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

thegrower12

Has anyone run hps lights on the floor facing up ? Have LED’s up above and have 4 hps lights that i swapped out for the LEDs just sitting there and thought this as an idea ?
Anyone done this ?
Any cons attempting this?

PurpleGreen

PurpleGreen

While it's not a common practice, it is possible to run HPS lights on the floor facing up. However, there are some potential cons to consider, such as heat issues, light distribution, and potential damage to the floor. It's worth experimenting with if you have the extra lights, but keep a close eye on the plants and adjust as necessary

T

thegrower12

Its winter so heat issues should be fine only running at 250-400w x4
Will put on couple bricks either side to stabalise so no damage to floor

Z

Zill

TG,

I had suggested that in in earlier post. But maybe consider directing the lights lower on the plants and more or less at the sides of plants rather than floor facing up. Not sure if a lower leaf surface is all that efficient in collecting light.

Zill.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
TG,

I had suggested that in in earlier post. But maybe consider directing the lights lower on the plants and more or less at the sides of plants rather than floor facing up. Not sure if a lower leaf surface is all that efficient in collecting light.

Zill.
I agree side lighting, not floor lighting. I've seen folks use led above and HPS hanging with no reflector down between the plants for side lighting. rotate the plants 2-3 times a day so all sides get the light.

T

thegrower12

Got a tent so cant really do side lighting as my plants have grown out to sides of tent

Latest posts

Top Bottom