• 🎅 Christmas Sale - 25% Off All Seeds 🎄
    Use Coupon Code At Checkout: XMAS25

Running nutrient thru the chiller compared to using a cool coil

I see most people are running their nutrient directly thru a chiller and not using stainless steel coil in epicenter to cool. Does the coil just not work? I read it takes 1ft of 3/8 stainless steel to cool 12.5 gallons of water. I was going to get 3 50' 1/2 wort chiller to drop in epicenters to cool using a 275 gallon chiller rez and manifold and return manifold to feed each wort chiller. If anyone has tried this and found it wouldnt work please inform me. Im about to set up 3 32 site 8gal systems and trying to fix problems that can happen before i start. Any advice or input welcome. Thx in advance.

I used a wort chiller to cool my current culture. At the time,I was running an entirely water cooled garden, hydro innovations style. It was easy to reach balance between water and room temp by adjusting the chiller, I think we ended up running the water temp at about 45f.

I used a wort chiller to cool my current culture. At the time,I was running an entirely water cooled garden, hydro innovations style. It was easy to reach balance between water and room temp by adjusting the chiller, I think we ended up running the water temp at about 45f.
So u set the chiller at 45f? I have ran a water cooled garden as well with icebox light coolers as well as cooled our ebb n flo nutes. Was your uc 8 buckets per row? Thats what im wondering the most. If my epicenter is reading 65 what temp is the 8th bucket going to be? Im sure ill insulate each bucket and the pipes but i hear the air pumps are blowing hot air into each bucket. Wish there was an inline coil that could be cooled with chiller that was made for air pumps to remove heat before it goes into the buckets. That might be a fun little diy project. Lol. Thx for the response brother.

Haha! I hear you. Throw that air pump in the refrigerator! I was running a 6 plant system at the time. Yes, chiller was set at 45, which I think was pretty much what they suggested. May take a little fiddling to get it just right.

Haha! I hear you. Throw that air pump in the refrigerator! I was running a 6 plant system at the time. Yes, chiller was set at 45, which I think was pretty much what they suggested. May take a little fiddling to get it just right.
Im still a bit concerned with the last buckets on a 32 site system. I guess wont know until i try.

Im getting so close to set up day and i think im going to use the 1.5 hp chiller with 275 gallon res that ill insulate and set chiller at about 50. 275 gal of 50f water should keep me between 65 and 72. Least i hope. Rather not pass 69 but is what it is. 50' 1/2 ss wort chiller should be enough coil from what hydro innovations says. They say 1 ft of ss 3/8 coil will chill 12.5 gallons.

The 32 site is just fine with the coil in the epicenter. Wish the coil was a bit smaller tho. Going to have issues with the float valve until i can figure out what to do. No big deal since they just went in the modules. Here couple pix

Latest Cannabis Seeds

Sundae Cookies
Sold out

Sundae Cookies

Divine Genetics
Sundae Driver x GMO Cookies
Feminized
New
$200.00
Sunset Sherbet S1
Sold out

Sunset Sherbet S1