Running Out Of Co2 In A Sealed Room.

• Thread starter SKB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SKB

So I have recently switched to bottled CO2 and this last tank was a low fill I'm guessing because it ran out really fast. My ppms were maybe 100 for a couple days. What kind of issues can I be looking at other than slowed growth? I assume the minimal ppm should be 350-400 or approximately whatever typical outdoor pumps measure. My buddy suggested that I leave it since it's finished in 5 days anyway, but I'm worried about losing out on growth or worse. Any info on this issue? Thanks!!!!

S

SKB

Fine as in I should just kill my co2 in the last week every time and save on co2 costs? Seems like there could be some swelling in that last week that could be impeded by such low ppms. Any more science or articles on the topic that you're aware of?

The Terps

The Terps

I normally dampen co2 last week but you have to fill it sooner or later might as well sooner

cannabeans

cannabeans

Fine as in I should just kill my co2 in the last week every time and save on co2 costs? Seems like there could be some swelling in that last week that could be impeded by such low ppms. Any more science or articles on the topic that you're aware of?
There are threads on here with more info..But try for yourself. Try one where you keep high all the way through..
Try one with out...See what happens. Do whats works best for you.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
You perceived loss in yield without Co2 the last week of bloom is without worry. IMO It wont be that big of a loss. The genetics your running play a larger part in yeild than loss of elevated Co2 levels as long as the plant is still getting normal atmospheric levels. All will be well. Head to the finish line and enjoy.......:smoking::fire:

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Also from my findings, running high co2 saturation layering flower (past wk6), you run the risk of the buds foxtailing more than normal, the smell/taste/aroma can diminish due to excess co2 late in flower, also the buds will keep throwing/growing more leaves in the buds. Again, just what I remember from my searches.

S

SKB

I searched the forums for this topic and found some info but not specifically on the final week of flower with below atmospheric levels of co2. Like I said I was at 100ppm and could see it would eventually get close to 0 I would imagine. This intuitively feels like I would be losing out on some final plumping up but potentially ripening a hair faster due to the plant feeling like it was dying. I can definitely experiment with this but would love some helpful professional opinions on the topic. My gut says to keep 350-400 like is generally practiced. I'm sure it will be fine if left with no c02 but would love to know exactly what happens with the plant in the low ppm environment.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Just have to put your time in a search for what your looking for. Take a look at other co2 growers logs/threads. A ton of Info is found, just have to put the time in searching for it. You must always have some ambient co2 in a sealed grow. Otherwise the plants will suffocate.

cannabeans

cannabeans

Cant you just open the door? That would allow enough air to raise your ambient co2.

S

SKB

I am looking for a specific time frame and situation that is not commonly touched on in grow journals. What happens when a plant suffocates for a week in the last week of flower? I run things automated and an automated door opener and closer is not on my to do list. Just trying to learn as much as I can about this. Getting the room to 350 is simple I just refilled my tank but it brought up the question that I posed. If you don't know the answer fine but I have dug around and posted this because I could not find an answer. The point of these boards is to expand your knowledge base. I was hoping for some concrete answers from someone who knew exactly what the effects would be on a marijuana plant. I'm sure the basics of a suffocating plant can be found somewhere other than here through research as well. I'm not trying to right my thesis on this topic, I'll just fill the tank, but hey sometimes you want to know the science behind something. Thanks for the info that has been provided. Cheers.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I've had tanks run dry at ALL stages (sometimes couldn't swap them for 4-5 days), things seemed to slow slightly, but nothing major.

Top Bottom