running out of growing room, help please.

• Thread starter bonerface
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bonerface

Hi guys,

I have 6 plants in a soil grow right now, they are all doing great. All plants are in a 3x5 tent and i have run out of room. All of the plants are growing into each other and its a jungle, everyone is fighting for the top and growing into each other. I've dealt with pm in the past and I really don't want to deal with it again. Im wondering what ii can do to solve this issue. I was thinking about lollypoping them but im not sure if I should. I want to get more airflowThrough the canopy and try to get all of this bs leaf matter down to a minimum. There are so many unnecessary leaves that I feel could be cut off. Again im not sure which, where or how much of this leaf material I can chop. Not even sure if that is the answer to my problem here but that's all I can think of. My hydro shop told me I should be taking off 10% of the leafs each week of flower anyways (excluding fans).

Does anyone have any advise? Really worried about PM and yield. Please let me know what you guys think I should do. Thanks in advance!

Misterdirt

Misterdirt

A common problem!

Trim out any leaves starting to yellow, and you might want to cut off some of the lower popcorn branches. They never amount to anything, anyway, and take resources that can be used in more productive parts of the plant.

The only healthy looking fan leaves I'd consider cutting off are ones directly shading a good bud site.

I live in a non-med state, so if I asked advice at a local grow shop, they'd boot me out if I alluded to the crop I was growing. Must be nice! Someday...

420mobile

Just a thought,
why not lolly pop,keep temp from going to low and humidity straight,rotate plants a 1/4 to 1/2 turn every day and with good air flow should be no problem with pm,how ever I go into all grows as if I have pm,mites or what ever,I have found that if you grow as if you always have those problems and do preventative measure in all grows you can usually get through with out any problems,and like Mr dirt says the lower pop corn buds are just pulling needed energy from your colas,stay safe and blazing

B

bonerface

Thanks guys. I chopped off a bunch of the bs leaves in the inside of the plant that will never get light and that which would invite pm. I also chopped a bunch of the bs branches towards the bottom of the plant. Kept all fans and they look great. Growing wasn't slowed at all and I would even say that it helped them a bit.

On the plants I trimmed, they went through water twice as fast as my other plants that were left natural. They are blowing through water like crazy. Not sure if it has to do with the trimming but it has to be, because the others that were left alone are still taking the same amount of time to run through their feedings.

At any rate, thanks all!

homebrew420

homebrew420

if you are no against foliar feeding, try a mix of seaweed dr. Bronners soap and Neem oil, this will not only defeat PM but help in preventing in the very first place. Not to mention that it is a truly wonderful tonic for plants. What yo have done thus far was likely necessary by the sound of it

K

kdog

i always get rid of the little shitty suckers at the bottom and as they flower youll see which branches are gonna be your best tops and then its all about keeping those prime top buds even with each other so you can get that lite down as far as possible. to fatten em up. when i started i grew huge plants then flowered, then realized i had two choices to be sucessful. i could either add a lot more light to cover the extra bushiness of the plants. or i could grow smller plants. well shorter not smaller. shorts the key. get an even canopy then drop the lite as low as possible and the best buds will be amazing. and you wont end up with a lower half thats more work than its worth....imo

Top Bottom