Running Out Of Room, Need Suggestions Please!!

• Thread starter AnselAdams
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I think you mean something like this... I think if i did it right i gained about a foot. If i didn't i just kill the top 12" of my biggest. :-(
SNAGHTML2ea13693.PNG
SNAGHTML2ea24052.PNG

SNAGHTML2ea429b3.PNG

Yup. Thats about right.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Yup. Thats about right.

Thanks again.

Someone mentioned weights. Should i be looking at picking up some small (very small) fishing weights and twist-ties? shot weights like these so i can add and remove as needed... I would go with the smallest available and just stack them up.

However i have also read that they will form a tough knuckle if just left. Not having any real world experience, i will wait and see. Perhaps do some of both.

Upload 2019 2 9 22 38 10

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks again.

Someone mentioned weights. Should i be looking at picking up some small (very small) fishing weights and twist-ties? shot weights like these so i can add and remove as needed... I would go with the smallest available and just stack them up.

However i have also read that they will form a tough knuckle if just left. Not having any real world experience, i will wait and see. Perhaps do some of both.

View attachment 855944

I have always had stakes and ties to aid in support or to hold down the stubborn branches. It is always trial and error with new plants. Sounds like uou got your head around the task.

Good luck and keep posting results!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Just wanted to show how the plant can turn into a much more compact bush from bending during stretch.

This is the plant i posted in here earlier 2 days after the main stem being tied down.

I simply arranged the branches as they come up.

A7DC9E9D 90FE 44BE 88A4 FF597908A7E6

From here if she has branches that get too tall or the main stem takes back over i will pinch and bend as needed.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Its a jungle in there :D

Newbie-itis :-) second grow will only germ 4 seeds hoping to get at least 3 to harvest. On this one i started six, moved 5 and just dumped one to make room. One of the remaining is a runt that i am letting run just out of interest.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Just wanted to show how the plant can turn into a much more compact bush from bending during stretch.

This is the plant i posted in here earlier 2 days after the main stem being tied down.

I simply arranged the branches as they come up.

View attachment 855979

From here if she has branches that get too tall or the main stem takes back over i will pinch and bend as needed.

Damn; i wish i had that much room. Your setup is Awesome! Your "children" are positively beautiful!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Damn; i wish i had that much room. Your setup is Awesome! Your "children" are positively beautiful!

Thank you. I have a few people counting on me. I have been growing a medical petpetual garden in that spare bedroom for 4 years now. I took over the other small bedroom for the veg tent and supplies/ workspace.

H

hawkman

Run into that issue once and a while - there is a product that is a plastic 90 degree angle that open's up - just put the branch into it and close it - this would work very well in super cropping, ect. Don't know why it can't be imported ? How do you like the KiindLed ? was thinking about them - a bit pricey -
the only thing is that some require at least 2-3 feet for operation most ceiling are at least 8 feet so that only leaves 5 feet which really gives you a height of 4 feet counting 12 inch diameter of a pot - light intensity is the issue - right size - watts- do you have this issue ? Nice plants

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Run into that issue once and a while - there is a product that is a plastic 90 degree angle that open's up - just put the branch into it and close it - this would work very well in super cropping, ect. Don't know why it can't be imported ? How do you like the KiindLed ? was thinking about them - a bit pricey -
the only thing is that some require at least 2-3 feet for operation most ceiling are at least 8 feet so that only leaves 5 feet which really gives you a height of 4 feet counting 12 inch diameter of a pot - light intensity is the issue - right size - watts- do you have this issue ? Nice plants

Thanks, i will look for the 90's. Can you post a photo of this gadget?

As for the Kind LED's. I have had the 300 for about 4 months and i like it a lot. The advertised coverage is 2x3 @ 18 inches I had zero problems until i outgrew the cabinet (2x2x3 growing space) and got a few burns.

They outgrew the cabinet because of a delay in getting the flowering cabinet (2x4x5 growing space) with the XL600. Have only had that a month but have had no problems. I like the plant response, rapid, strong, healthy growth. I'll have to report back after this grow finishes out in about 4-6 weeks.

Yes, they are expensive but from what i can tell, the coverage and mix is as advertised. Not scientific but my very limited experience & personal opinion. That and $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee. maybe :)

p.s. i believe the coverage for the xl600 is 3x4 @ 30"

Last edited:
H

hawkman

Thanks, i will look for the 90's.

As for the Kind LED's. I have had the 300 for about 4 months and i like it a lot. The advertised coverage is 2x3 @ 18 inches I had zero problems until i outgrew the cabinet (2x2x3 growing space) and got a few burns.

They outgrew the cabinet because of a delay in getting the flowering cabinet (2x4x5 growing space) with the XL600. Have only had that a month but have had no problems. I like the plant response, rapid, strong, healthy growth. I'll have to report back after this grow finishes out in about 4-6 weeks.

Yes, they are expensive but from what i can tell, the coverage and mix is as advertised. Not scientific but my very limited experience & personal opinion. That and $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee. maybe :)

Thanks, i will look for the 90's. Can you post a photo of this gadget?

so what would be the total height needed to run your's in veg/flower ? 8 feet from ceiling to floor ? I'm afraid my light will be to strong for space and require

H

hawkman

will look it up an give the info to you it's was back a few years =

H

hawkman

Here it is: 'One Stop Grows shop.com" will get you to the store - mean they are just what the doctor ordered - perfect !!! Remember now - No US shipping

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
so what would be the total height needed to run your's in veg/flower ? 8 feet from ceiling to floor ? I'm afraid my light will be to strong for space and require

To be totally honest, I'm not sure. My first grow was a disaster. My second has yet to get to harvest (8 weeks in) plus i am growing autos (at least they are supposed to be... ). I have been told i can get to harvest in the "Flower" cabinet. I am sure i will have to stick to medium to short strains. I'm learning the hard way to pay attention to such things. :-)

I went to the 'One Stop Grows shop.com" site and you are totally correct. Thanks for wracking the old brain cells for the info.

H

hawkman

To be totally honest, I'm not sure. My first grow was a disaster. My second has yet to get to harvest (8 weeks in) plus i am growing autos (at least they are supposed to be... ). I have been told i can get to harvest in the "Flower" cabinet. I am sure i will have to stick to medium to short strains. I'm learning the hard way to pay attention to such things. :)

I went to the 'One Stop Grows shop.com" site and you are totally correct. Thanks for wracking the old brain cells for the info.
Even a 300 watt LED is too much ( height needed) with some strains had a blue dream that got 7 feet tall with 8 ft ceiling - one thing with the 300's you can place 10 inches above plants maybe a 650 or more if you can get it with a dimmer

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

For perspective my flowering space is 4’ x 7’ under 2 600w lamps. I built a swingset looking stand out of 2x4’s and keep the plants at a minimum 18” from the glass.

The plants are trained to a max 30” above the pot. This allows good bud production almost to the bottom.

Growing from seed (although photoperiod. auto would work the same I bent them too when i grew them) it is imperative to manage the height up front and have a plan to deal with stretchier phenos.

The top of my stand is about 6 feet. If it was taller i would lollipop my lower branches anyway to keep a good canopy depth.

I am going to set up a 4x8 gorilla shorty very similar. I actually lose 4” height in the tent.

Just thought this info might help as i too wanted short plants for my system when i started but the best plants arent usually very short in my experience. The plants growing now are 60/40 or more sativa leaning. But even indica leaning strains had tall plants out of seed packs.

I use stands to prop up plants that dont grow tall enough after bending and fix the lights up high.

302917C6 862E 48D5 BE2B 0FEBEF37B451

I am 1 plant short of full at the moment. But i do like the plants to have some space for light and wind to penetrate.

H

hawkman

For perspective my flowering space is 4’ x 7’ under 2 600w lamps. I built a swingset looking stand out of 2x4’s and keep the plants at a minimum 18” from the glass.

The plants are trained to a max 30” above the pot. This allows good bud production almost to the bottom.

Growing from seed (although photoperiod. auto would work the same I bent them too when i grew them) it is imperative to manage the height up front and have a plan to deal with stretchier phenos.

The top of my stand is about 6 feet. If it was taller i would lollipop my lower branches anyway to keep a good canopy depth.

I am going to set up a 4x8 gorilla shorty very similar. I actually lose 4” height in the tent.

Just thought this info might help as i too wanted short plants for my system when i started but the best plants arent usually very short in my experience. The plants growing now are 60/40 or more sativa leaning. But even indica leaning strains had tall plants out of seed packs.

I use stands to prop up plants that dont grow tall enough after bending and fix the lights up high.

View attachment 856099
I am 1 plant short of full at the moment. But i do like the plants to have some space for light and wind to penetrate.
Thanks good information going to up-grade to 650's - not in a tent now like you - but was thinking again about them and height considerations ----Thanks size considerations ? those dam hybrids give me hell when the dominate side - sativa is at high % rates - guess generally 2-4 foot plants - they make huge tents now-a-days

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks good information going to up-grade to 650's - not in a tent now like you - but was thinking again about them and height considerations ----Thanks size considerations ? those dam hybrids give me hell when the dominate side - sativa is at high % rates - guess generally 2-4 foot plants - they make huge tents now-a-days

I live in an old remodeled lake cabin. It has low ceilings. I am putting the new tent in the basement. That is even shorter than the living area upstairs.

H

hawkman

I live in an old remodeled lake cabin. It has low ceilings. I am putting the new tent in the basement. That is even shorter than the living area upstairs.
Guess - maybe topping will help in plant height and Scrogging but LST is my cup-of-tea . YOur plants look very, very good - stay in touch ____Peace !!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom