Runoff PH during flower - what drives the PH low? How low is safe?

• Thread starter SecretGardener
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SecretGardener

SecretGardener

This is my first coco grow, first grow using an EC meter, first grow consistently checking PH, fist grow ever checking the runoff... After a rough start I now have 7 healthy plants in 2 and 3 gal soft pots, 50/50 coco perlite. 30 days of 12 hour light. Watering daily with 2.5 gal @ EC 1.1 to 1.2 at PH 6.5. Getting around 1/2 gal runoff total. Runoff is EC 1.4 to 1.5 and PH is 5 or lower. I used GH PH test liquid so it's hard to tell PH 5 from 5.5 ect. Safe to say the PH is lower than 5 but not lower than 4.

I have continued to up the PH of the watering approaching PH 7. I add enough PH up to increase the EC .2 or more. And have gone up to 3 gal per watering to get more runoff and still the runoff is always under PH 5.

Is this an issue? If so, I want to fix the issue before the plants health is impacted. Plants look great. Green Crack variety looks perfect. The Sour Diesel is a little lighter green but healthy.

Thanks for any advice.

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Ok so this is the very same question i had when i started off with coco, I got a mix of answers but the one i went with was that you should worry more about the ph & ec of what is going in rather than what is coming out, i still continue to do this even today with no issues, but to be fair my ph only went up or down from 5.8 -6.3 to 5.7 - 6.5, so i was still within ranges and maybe thats why i have had no issues this all time, If your plants are showing no signs I would try to focus more on the ec and ph of what im feeding for awhile, because you said your run off is sometimes lower the 5, that would already cause you some issues as coco ranges from 5.7 - 6.3 anything lower or above that the plant will not uptake nutes efficiently

Last edited:
SecretGardener

SecretGardener

Ok so this is the very same question i had when i started off with coco, I got a mix of answers but the one i went with was that you should worry more about the ph & ec of what is going in rather than what is coming out, i still continue to do this even today with no issues, but to be fair my ph only went up or down from 5.8 -6.3 to 5.7 - 6.5, so i was still within ranges and maybe thats why i have had no issues this all time, If your plants are showing no signs I would try to focus more on the ec and ph of what im feeding for awhile, because you said your run off is sometimes lower the 5, that would already cause you some issues as coco ranges from 5.7 - 6.3 anything lower or above that the plant will not uptake nutes efficiently

Thanks for the reply.

Here's a few pictures at 35 days of 12 hour light.

P3280028
P3280035 2
P3280035
P3280045

Latest posts

Top Bottom