Runoff PH in coco important or not

• Thread starter LaughingBush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LaughingBush

LaughingBush

I am using Grow Dots for the first time in Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite mix. I adjust the ph of my water to 6-6.1 and haven’t checked the runoff until today and it was 4.8. Not sure if I should be worried about the runoff ph? I was having an issue because I wasn’t adding cal mag when watering and my lights were turned up too high. That problem looks to be reversing itself since I made the changes a few days ago. So I’m hoping the runoff ph isn’t part of the issue.
Thanks for any input!

Bilber

Bilber

Hey Laughing....I've never phed or anything......on that note.....

I've been down all sorts of 🕳s about ph and ec and lights and........you get the picture.....

My ph tester will be here today...soon I hope.....ph up and down in a couple of days....

To answer your question......yes....it matters.....I'm still figuring it out mechanically thinking.....

LaughingBush

LaughingBush

Hey Laughing....I've never phed or anything......on that note.....

I've been down all sorts of 🕳s about ph and ec and lights and........you get the picture.....

My ph tester will be here today...soon I hope.....ph up and down in a couple of days....

To answer your question......yes....it matters.....I'm still figuring it out mechanically thinking.....
I guess I can try watering on the higher end closer to 6.5/7 to see if that helps. This new Grow Dot fertilizer has my schedule all messed up trying to get use to not mixing nutrients and testing ec/ppm + ph when watering. Not sure if it’s been easier or not at this point.
I’ve also been looking at threads to find an answer and it’s not easy to find a clear one.
Thanks for your input!

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

Chasing your runoff ph in coco can literally make ya nutz. It's like chasing a rabbit through a maze of wild rose bushes. You never quite know if you're headed the right direction and you're bound to get scratched up some, IMO.

Unless your plants are showing signs of ph problems, don't go making problems for yourself needlessly. The only reading I care about in coco runoff is the ec, to see if they're eating. You said you were having issues because you weren't adding calmag and also the light was turned up too high. Give that a week or so to recuperate and THEN see if you're having any other issues with ph before you go making any more adjustments. Just my 2 cents.

Also, a link for the Coco For Cannabis site, which has a lot of good info.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

I just checked mine. 6.0-6.1 in the reservoir, 5.5 in the runoff bucket. I'm 2 weeks into start of flowering.

I've not checked it previously that I recall, but I've check EC a lot. I suspect the pH drop is normal, and it may well be different at different stages of plant growth. EC sure changes. (For me, EC rises a lot in runoff once flowering is underway. In spite of a high amount of runoff.)

My plants are looking good.

Top Bottom