Runoff Ph Too Low?

• Thread starter bibbles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bibbles

bibbles

My runoff seems pegged at pH 5.2, I've been flushing with 10ml/gal Canna A+B and 10ml/gal Calimagic at 6.0 as suggested by Jack in another thread, and the plants look a little better, but the pH hasn't changed at all. Perhaps they simply need more flushing, but it's been a little more than a week without change and I'm at a loss, I'm losing money on nutrients, and I can't seem to find any sort of solution on any forum.

I don't really want to start flushing at 7.0+, that'll probably just create new problems, but... I am tempted. :/

bibbles

bibbles

Slurry Test (1:1 RO):
pH: 5.1
ppm (0.5): 500

Flush:
10ml/gal Canna Coco A+B
10ml/gal Calimagic
pH: 6.5
ppm (0.5): 1180

Runoff:
pH: 4.9
ppm (0.5): 1020

What is even real?

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

How do the plants look though? Maybe you need a new battery in your reader.

bibbles

bibbles

Meter's been cleaned, calibrated, and double checked.

They look slightly better than they did, phosphorous deficient though; I've been at this for a little while now, still in veg, and for longer than I'd expected, so I may just start over in pots with real irrigation. :/

This is a coco bed situation, so... I may well be on the right track, it may simply take far, far more flushing than is worth it though.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Test your tap water with it and see what you get you know what your tap water is right?

bibbles

bibbles

I've tested it in calibration solution, that should be fine; plus, even if it was reading off, that wouldn't explain the disparity between what goes in and what comes out.

I use RO, so ~10ppm.

bibbles

bibbles

At this point I feel like by the time they are back on point, I could have vegged out some new plants, and the later would cost less, so... yeah, think I'll be going that direction. On the plus side, real irrigation will mean more free time! :D

Gotta stay with them good vibes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom