Runoff pH

• Thread starter mmmdankbuds420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

I prefer to keep my pH at 6.5 and I always make sure any water going to my plants has been properly pH'ed. I hear about people pH'ing their runoff.
Can anybody explain the importance of this to me? One time I soaked up my runoff with a clean towel and then pH'ed the water and it was 9.5 or so. My plants are healthy. No deficiencies. Big and strong. Anybody and everybodies 2¢ is appreciated. Thanks :)

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

9.5 is very high for runoff if it's going in at 6.5. Don't "suck up" your runoff with anything, this could be affecting the ph. Let it runoff into a clean container, then test it.

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

9.5 is very high for runoff if it's going in at 6.5. Don't "suck up" your runoff with anything, this could be affecting the ph. Let it runoff into a clean container, then test it.
I'll try sucking up water with a pipette next time for a more accurate readin. I was wondering if maybe the towel could have did something. For a ph of 6.5 what would you expect from a runoff? And what is the point of this procedure. Will it help give me a better idea of my soil ph or give me some sort of insight of nute lock? Thanks a lot.

Top Bottom