Runoff ppm 4000?

• Thread starter Wanderlust
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wanderlust

Wanderlust

So I transplanted into Roots Organics about a week ago. They are in 7 gallon pots and I also added a handful of Mexican Guano to the medium before transplanting. A couple days after transplanting I watered in a compost tea extraction using cow humus, kelp, and fish hydrosolate. Now, a week later, the plants are looking burnt, so I checked the runoff ppm and its at 4200! How the hell did this happen? I flushed all night last night, and the runoff only dropped to 3200. What can I do?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Crazy, you haven't used any synthetics????

Keep flushing... may grab yourself an enzyme to help break shit down..

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Hygrozyme, Cannazyme, sensizyme, I just picked up Bio-Cozyme from grow more. A gallon was around $30.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Clearex is sugar and who knows what else listed ... Use distilled water next time and get the humidity up in the room to sixty ish or more if you can dry it up in case mold starts move away from light or makes sure temp doesn't go above seventy three ish and maybe spray a low ppm at about 7.5 ph or eight even if you can do it with out ph adjuster and keeping ppm low.... Put a lil fan under it to blow fresh air through it from bottom to top were leaves are moving a lil it doesn't have to be tornado wind but direct air movement will help stomata open rh is important so remember that part if you dig the advise .. If your plant is soaked already and not taking up water do all the environment things with distilled foliar for prolly like a couple days atleast
Good luck

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

I was under the impression that a good compost tea contains most of the same enzymes you'll find in any of those products.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If you're using organics at all, that can cause crazy EC readings where you don't have the plants complaining.

C

cctt

If you're using organics at all, that can cause crazy EC readings where you don't have the plants complaining.
A very good point. Let's keep in mind we're not talking about "4000 ppm" of anything. This is an EC of 8.0 (I assume the meter is on the TDS .5 scale). Anything sufficiently conductive could be pushing that up.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Can you provide pictures?

Guerilla is right, getting your hands on Cap's packs are a sure fix also.

Wanderlust

Wanderlust

I'm wondering if the compost tea activated the guano all at once and somehow burned the plants. I'll take some pics today. I think I'm just going to retransplant everything into fresh soil and let this soil compost for a while and make supersoil later.

Wanderlust

Wanderlust

Here are some photos. These were lush and green from bottom to top only a few days before this.

Trellis
M
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Two much of the hot guano, is my guess. The inverse of the goodness of organics, all that nutrition in the soil, is the bad side. It sticks there. Good luck, I have no ideas.

BTW, chicken manure can do this as well, as can pig manure.

Top Bottom