Russet mites and broad mite  gutted ive done this 8
Russet mites and broad mite  gutted ive done this 9
Russet mites and broad mite  gutted ive done this 10
Russet mites and broad mite  gutted ive done this 11
Russet mites and broad mite  gutted ive done this 12
Russet mites and broad mite  gutted ive done this 13
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Yeah, that last pic looks like thrips, the others look like mites. Broad mites are extremely small. I'm guessing spider, but I'm no expert.

Since they're not in flower, you can hit them hard.

HashBucket

HashBucket

How sure are you that they are mites?

The white/clear ones are but wtf are the tan colored ones? Thrips?

We need clearer photos
It doesn't matter.

The same magic sauce kills them both, AND prevents PM

Spray, wait two day; spray again, wait two days; spray again, wait two days; spray again.
Then you can spray every Tuesday and Friday after that till one week before harvest.
No bug problems, no pm.

Rogrower

Rogrower

I'm pretty sure I have russet mites broad mites and thrips all at ones ha

The clear one I'm guessing are broad mites due to no webs my crops being desimated to 60%yield and quality without any webs are usual spider mite damage

The yellow maggot type I'm thinking russet mites due to the tacoing leaves and utter death of buds I'm getting (starts with the hairs on lower buds) ... I'm yet to see these move but the damage looks like russet they are either dead ones / eggs / I heard they malt

Don't think they are thrips/babys because need a good magnification to even see them and I've been dealing with thrips for a while and spinosad seems to do the trick when I'm on my good game

Can't believe I've failed my self and let these into my life has anyone ever completely got rid of them ?

Rogrower

Rogrower

They are way to small to be spider mites or thrips they are invisible to the naked eye unless you know there there then you can see what looks like a spec and I have good eyes

The only up side is after 6 months I found them I thought it was my tap water causing problems ... I'd never even heard of them both

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I'm pretty sure I have russet mites broad mites and thrips all at ones ha

The clear one I'm guessing are broad mites due to no webs my crops being desimated to 60%yield and quality without any webs are usual spider mite damage

The yellow maggot type I'm thinking russet mites due to the tacoing leaves and utter death of buds I'm getting (starts with the hairs on lower buds) ... I'm yet to see these move but the damage looks like russet they are either dead ones / eggs / I heard they malt

Don't think they are thrips/babys because need a good magnification to even see them and I've been dealing with thrips for a while and spinosad seems to do the trick when I'm on my good game

Can't believe I've failed my self and let these into my life has anyone ever completely got rid of them ?
Need 110% identification before you can get rid of them. Two spotted spider mites have two black spots on their back.

Do they move fast? Theres russet, spider, cyclamen, and a few others. Google about them is all i can say. Thrips can be killed with soapy water. The white ones could be beneficial mites. Need better pics

HashBucket

HashBucket

They are way to small to be spider mites or thrips they are invisible to the naked eye unless you know there there then you can see what looks like a spec and I have good eyes
Then they are Russet mites.
Sorry.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

It doesn't matter.

The same magic sauce kills them both, AND prevents PM

View attachment 1069380
Spray, wait two day; spray again, wait two days; spray again, wait two days; spray again.
Then you can spray every Tuesday and Friday after that till one week before harvest.
No bug problems, no pm.

That bottle doesnt say anything about mites..lol...they are very difficult to get rid of in some cases....

Grow on!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah those ones in the last pic are russets not thrips. And the clear ones do look like broad mites.

These are in flower you say? How may i ask did you end up with so many types of mites? Bring in clones from an unknown source? Bring in outdoor plants?

Id soak them heavy in sulphur, mainly because im in Canada and have my hands tied wrt pesticides. But Id also be VERY tempted to start over rather than deal with 8 weeks of flowering on the edge of my seat wondering if the plants will make it or if the bugs are back.

Rogrower

Rogrower

I have a zcube as my main strain and wanted something to back it up so I took a cut in of someone I treated it but not well enough by the looks of it ... Never again

I have some in flower, some in veg they are in multiple rooms

I've heard hot shot no pest strips will kill them if I use enough (not good I know)? and I have avid on the way ( for veg ) and an army of various predetors due to fighting on multiple fronts ha

I have a feeling slot of people are going to go through what I have for the past 7 months (banging my head against a wall not knowing what the f is going on) I've even gone full ro water because I thought my water was the problem 😂

Rogrower

Rogrower

Have to say the forum seems to be on point ! Easy to use and Thanks for all the replys !

So much better than the other forums I was using ! 👍

Rogrower

Rogrower

Anybody any advice on using the avid would be great ? I'm a bit scared of using it but life needs to get back to normal

Also noticed that the more you top or bend the plant the russets seem to get a better hold on it like they like the damaged bits.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Anybody any advice on using the avid would be great ? I'm a bit scared of using it but life needs to get back to normal

Also noticed that the more you top or bend the plant the russets seem to get a better hold on it like they like the damaged bits.

Dont use Avid on plants in flower ever. You can use it on baby clones but id veg for at least a month before flowering them out. Ideally its only used to treat plants to save genetics by turning the plant into a clone mother. Its nasty shit.

Top Bottom