Russet Mites!

• Thread starter Groovysolid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Groovysolid

Hello all, I believe I am dealing with russet mites. Two of my five plants are looking rough with at least two buds on each of the plants showing brown pistils even though I just started my third week of flower. Today, for the first time I treated all five of my plants with Green Cleaner. Does anyone have any experience of how this product effects your plants this early in flower in regards to finished product? Also, I treated all five plants even though only two were showing obvious signs. Is this a good idea? I’ll post photos tonight after my lights come back on. Thanks in advance for any advice!

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I’ve found that green cleaner is very effective with mite controll. I would switch up with another all natural source every 3 days to control the infestation. Welcome to, The Farm!! Lots to learn here. The search bar works wonders when you can’t find info your seeking.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Lets see some pics to asses your situation.

G

Groovysolid

Russet notes u need to hit hard early, if u are in flower and they already are eating ur pistols and tacoing it leaves u are too late
No tacoing of leaves, just a few brown spots I will post photos tonight after my lights come back on.

G

Groovysolid

So there is a photo of my full canopy, a couple problematic leaves and one healthy bud and one bud with brown pistils. Since certain issues have started I have added micro nutrients to my grow but it didn’t seem to help. Any advice would be great! Thanks everyone!

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

You don't have russets, however you may have another issue possibly self pollination and kinda looks like some thrips but you'll have to look into that for yourself.

G

Groovysolid

You don't have russets, however you may have another issue possibly self pollination and kinda looks like some thrips but you'll have to look into that for yourself.
So hermies? This is my first grow so I’m sort of stumbling at this point.

G

Groovysolid

So hermies? This is my first grow so I’m sort of stumbling at this point.
Do they look like intersex plants? Like a female pollinating herself? Or hermaphroditism? And what steps should I take to secure my plants? I have a friend that recommended putting clear bags over the effected buds. And that way only those buds will be seeded and I may be able to use those seeds in the future. Does anyone have any advice on this?

guymandude

guymandude

i don;t see any evidence of thrips. I live in soybean famr country and get them at least once a year. Even if it were Thrips, Capt jacks Organic Bug killer will do the trick. DO you have a microscope to check the under sides of the leaves? Gte one. I have a decent one with an LED screen to help my old eyes. You'll see egss and bugs if you have bugs. Other than that, it looks like ph might be a bit low with a calcium deficiency and a touch of Mg def. too. Keep spraying the Green Cleaner, and flush the pot of one of the plants showing the symptoms the worst. Catch the run off and check the ph and ppm of said run off. go from there. I don;t see any male pollen pods in thsoe pics either.

G

Groovysolid

i don;t see any evidence of thrips. I live in soybean famr country and get them at least once a year. Even if it were Thrips, Capt jacks Organic Bug killer will do the trick. DO you have a microscope to check the under sides of the leaves? Gte one. I have a decent one with an LED screen to help my old eyes. You'll see egss and bugs if you have bugs. Other than that, it looks like ph might be a bit low with a calcium deficiency and a touch of Mg def. too. Keep spraying the Green Cleaner, and flush the pot of one of the plants showing the symptoms the worst. Catch the run off and check the ph and ppm of said run off. go from there. I don;t see any male pollen pods in thsoe pics either.
Thanks guymandude! Will do.

Top Bottom