russet mites

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SunGrown

SunGrown

Sprayed another round of Nuke Em, this time with the super dose of 2 oz per 30 oz water. After 15 minutes took a sample. All the immature bugs were not moving. Still saw movement on the larger ones but much slower. No where near as active as after the 2 doses of regular strength. Will sample and scope more in the AM and report. Here are a few pics. I hope this turns out okay. Apologies if I screw it up.

View attachment 431422 This is an aerial view from about a month ago.

View attachment 431422 View attachment 431423 This is damage from spraying EcoSmart on a tender bud in the morning sun.

View attachment 431424 This is a Strawberry Diesel which is the hardest hit.

View attachment 431425 Close up of damage on Strawberry D.

View attachment 431426 Backside of garden and OG Platinums next to 6 ft ladder.

In trying to preview this to see if I did it right, I get an error message telling me that I don't have permission to do this. If this doesn't come through, can someone direct me to the help file so I learn how? Thanks much!
Nice garden buddy! I have grown the plat og before and never did get her to get big...if you don't mind me asking, what is the medium they are planted in?

Is this the platinum og cut that is in clone from norcal, or was it a seed?

Anyway, good job, and I really hope you get those russets dead and gone my friend! I cut down two of my biggest/worst affected and now everything looks great, so good luck!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Nice garden buddy!

Anyway, good job, and I really hope you get those russets dead and gone my friend! I cut down two of my biggest/worst affected and now everything looks great, so good luck!
His Garden is awesome..so is yours!
Im pretty sure all of mine were infected by my cats laying in the beds.
im not mad at them though :)

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

I garden for a living, and we have pest issues at almost every property. All the aspens have aphids super bad that fall down into our gardens. Mealy bugs, thrips, crazy amounts of grasshoppers. Don't even get me started on the rodents. We had gotten a substantial snowfall before the ground froze last fall insulating the ground super well. The ground didn't even freeze at 10000ft elevation.

SunGrown

SunGrown

I garden for a living, and we have pest issues at almost every property. All the aspens have aphids super bad that fall down into our gardens. Mealy bugs, thrips, crazy amounts of grasshoppers. Don't even get me started on the rodents. We had gotten a substantial snowfall before the ground froze last fall insulating the ground super well. The ground didn't even freeze at 10000ft elevation.
I think some of our problem here is we didn't really get any snow this year. We are in a SEVERE drought, many gardens are having to haul water now cause of dry wells.

No snow helped the bugs stay active all year.
We have the aphids in our pine type trees also, but so far, only my corn has ever been infested with them.

edit to add: My gardens are between 2000 feet and 3500 feet. And at 3500 feet we usually get a shit ton of snow, but the last couple years almost none. I am sure that is part of the problem

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I kinda feel like i cheated..I sprayed azamax twice..then I sprayed Avid twice.
along with Forbid.
So, Yeah my plants are poisonous..right now.
Im pretty sure it will go away and be safe in 60 or 70 days from now

But have no fear farmers..
I will have this weed tested @Steep Hill Lab

edit;
And then, we will find out if that stuff is safe to use as late as I did:bag:

Last edited:
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
It's almost 100 degrees here everyday most of my plants are sucking up like 10 gals of water everyday. That has to flush out some of the poison , right?

SunGrown

SunGrown

It's almost 100 degrees here everyday most of my plants are sucking up like 10 gals of water everyday. That has to flush out some of the poison , right?
The sun does speed up the breakdown so yes, you will be fine IMO, your testing should help you know though.

It would be cool if you could send in a sample on sept 15 as well as at the end maybe...just to see how fast the breakdown is.

I may get thunderstorms today, I sure hope so, I am ready for fall to hit!

CannaCrone

CannaCrone

His Garden is awesome..so is yours!
Im pretty sure all of mine were infected by my cats laying in the beds.
im not mad at them though :)

Thanks! Just a minor correction: I am an estrogen based unit. It's a common mistake. When guys see a nice garden they assume it must be grown by another guy. :p In your defense, there are a lot more guys growing than girls so it's a natural assumption. :joyful:

I do usually prune a lot more. I have 3 gardens and have not got to this one yet. I broke a leg (foot actually) early in the year and my husband has had to do most of the grunt work. I've only been able to squat down for the last 3-4 weeks. So it's slow going. He's been doing all the staking - which he normally does anyway. He also helps with watering. We make a good team. :happy:

Nice garden buddy! I have grown the plat og before and never did get her to get big...if you don't mind me asking, what is the medium they are planted in?
Is this the platinum og cut that is in clone from norcal, or was it a seed?

Thanks! The OG is the norcal cut. I've grown it for several years now and it keeps getting bigger. One thing I have observed is that cannabis is very adaptable to its environment. I have been refreshing my mothers every couple of years with cuts taken from the plants growing outdoors. They seem to get hardier. Of all the cuts grown this year, that Og and my old Purple Urkle are warding off the pest invasion the best. The strawberry diesel and blue cheese are suffering the most and I generally have problems with them the most - those and the Pineapple Express. They just seem to be more tender.

Your question about medium is a good one! I think the soil is absolutely everything, to growing big girls. Unfortunately, I can't give you a formula that I use. I grow intuitively with a little science thrown in. It frustrates my husband who wants to know how much of this and that and other exact measures. :meh: When the soil looks like it needs some lime, compost, rock phosphate, etc, I throw some in. I don't measure. I just add until it looks and feels right. I don't usually feed them anything unless they look like they need something. And then I make up some tea using mostly ingredients from the farm. A plant grown in healthy soil teeming with bacteria and microbes doesn't need much food - if any. We do make our own compost from animal manures and I raise redworms for castings to make a super dooper (or is it doper?) tea.

Edit: They are grown in the dirt with amendments mentioned above in varying quantities depending on the soil composition.

I may end up taking out that strawberry d and possibly the blue cheeses but right now most of the activity is on them so I'm kinda using them as a trap crop and the main ones I am sampling from for activity and control.

Last edited:
SunGrown

SunGrown

I've grown it for several years now and it keeps getting bigger. One thing I have observed is that cannabis is very adaptable to its environment. I have been refreshing my mothers every couple of years with cuts taken from the plants growing outdoors. They seem to get hardier.
@CannaCrone

I agree about strains doing different based on acclimation to the enviro. Certain genes get triggered is my thought on that. Nspecta mentioned this the other day about my dog, how indoors/dep versus outdoors the flowers come out very different for me. He said maybe a microclimate kind of thing causing it perhaps, but he has heard that about her from others who grow her so who knows.

I have a few that I have been running for years and each year they seem hardier and, well just better! My hindu skunk and west coast dog are probably my two favorites, with the blue dragon right there as well.

Every time I go into my clone room, I consider tossing out a dozen or so cuts, just to focus on the few that I personally love and that I know the patients love as well, but they are all so special to me in their own way...fuck it's hard!

Thanks for the info on the soil, I was assuming to get the plat that big she was in straight promix with liquid feed maybe. I am excited to see her flowers when she is ripe!

I thought maybe you were a lady! Good to see lots more ladies farmin! Esp the balls to the wall type, or is it eggs to the wall? :p

My buddy just acquired a new lady in his life who is also a go all in, fuck it, grow lots of girls kinda lady and I am so stoked for him...I am sure your husband is very impressed with you as well!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
the lizards may be carrying these bugs too man...makes sense to me after all my researching
Perhaps, but how far can a lizard really travel? Their territories aren't that large in the first place, and there are no migratory lizards as far as I know. Birds seem the most likely culprit, and would be responsible for carrying pests both along and beyond elevation changes.
mine cut them in half, but don't eat them. Every day there are lizards cut in half on my pathways!
Ew! Mine have created a new specie of short-tailed lizard. The chickens gobble down any hapless victim they can find.

Top Bottom