russet mites

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Will conserve SC kill my bennies? Running many kilos of biowar dealing with russet mites. New to forums, we know some of the same peeps in so cal.
No, it will not kill the beneficials. It is in itself a beneficial, just much more concentrated.

Dabominable

Dabominable

In my personal experience, it looks like broad mite. We have a ton of them here. I caught it really bad, a little worse then the above picture, and didnt really notice it until week 2. Needless to say, is was a nightmare. I ended up being able to finish up with a half decent harvest by running the azamax treatment 9 day. every 3 days. Because Azamax only kills adult larvae, you need to hit them for the entire incubation period of the larvae, so that by the time they do hatch, they die. Hope this helps some. I usually just say fuckit and hit them with a drop of avid. It's translaminar(sp?), so literally a drop would do the trick. I notice that i will sometimes (on my more susceptible plants) get the BM upper leaf curl in the last week of flower. This is take as a good sign, meaning the avid is out of the plant, as it is able to catch BM again. Hope this helps, feel bad for the little girl :/

Dabominable

Dabominable

I said in my experience they looked like broad mites. That being said, i explain how i treated them, and what worked for me. And i said nothing about spraying the plant with azamax in veg, though i used to, and it doesn't hurt (helps usually). But can green splotch your leaves in peak sun+heavy dose. Anyway, yeah, to clarify, i as giving my advice on how to prevent/treat/decimate BM

Dabominable

Dabominable

I appreciate your help. I was just asking if you use azamax as a drench, will it help as a preventive
I personally have never used it as a drench, i'm sure someone else has some input. Some stuff does work better as a drench. I had way better results drenching with gognats then i did foliar feeding with it..

CaliRay

CaliRay

Greetings farmer's. Dealing with rust mites is nothing to take lightly. I had them myself however, I went to war with them. In the end I won. I was I you tube and came across some growers that were dealing with them. They explained that they used a product called Guardian mite spray. I called the company and was sent samples of the product. My problem was solved. And no I'm not associated with the company nor am I being paid to advertise for them. I'm just a farmer that would rather use something less harsh on my medicine. Said product can be used all the way up until harvest.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Greetings farmer's. Dealing with rust mites is nothing to take lightly. I had them myself however, I went to war with them. In the end I won. I was I you tube and came across some growers that were dealing with them. They explained that they used a product called Guardian mite spray. I called the company and was sent samples of the product. My problem was solved. And no I'm not associated with the company nor am I being paid to advertise for them. I'm just a farmer that would rather use something less harsh on my medicine. Said product can be used all the way up until harvest.

Unfortunately guardian contains unspecified amounts of either ivermectin or abamectin and has been recalled for not making that known.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Unfortunately guardian contains unspecified amounts of either ivermectin or abamectin and has been recalled for not making that known.
Ivermectin. Some samples have tested out with several times the necessary amount of ivermectin. Ivermectin is also a popular dewormer.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Ivermectin. Some samples have tested out with several times the necessary amount of ivermectin. Ivermectin is also a popular dewormer.

Any chance that it was mentioned what a "necessary amount" is?
Relieved it's not abamectin.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hmm... I'll have to do some searching through my Facebook groups, I think someone posted specific test results, and then correlated that with studies. I saw one person mention "14x the needed amount" but I didn't go further to verify.

CaliRay

CaliRay

Hmm... I'll have to do some searching through my Facebook groups, I think someone posted specific test results, and then correlated that with studies. I saw one person mention "14x the needed amount" but I didn't go further to verify.
Does anyone know the dosage of judo miticide per gallon.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
1 ml per gallon should work well for you - the high recommended dose is 1.2ml gallon

this should only be used 2 x max otherwise rotate in a miticide with a different active ingredient such as avid

CaliRay

CaliRay

1 ml per gallon should work well for you - the high recommended dose is 1.2ml gallon

this should only be used 2 x max otherwise rotate in a miticide with a different active ingredient such as avid
Thanks alot for your information. I will be using Avid too. I'm going to dunk my plants since they're not that big.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
dunking is great - the method I pefer as it is pretty ez to get some good gloves and not have to worry as much about breathing it

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
no wetting agent needed - especially when your dipping/dunking

these chemicals work because the plant absorbs them and the chemicals are concentrated to the growing tips - "transmacullar"

remember these are commercially used products and you dont see farmers out in the field spraying them to ensure complete coverage (underneath etc) because it isn't necessary

CaliRay

CaliRay

no wetting agent needed - especially when your dipping/dunking

these chemicals work because the plant absorbs them and the chemicals are concentrated to the growing tips - "transmacullar"

remember these are commercially used products and you dont see farmers out in the field spraying them to ensure complete coverage (underneath etc) because it isn't necessary
Thanks alot because I would have used wet betty

Top Bottom