A lot of my leaves got this

Rust looking desease  purple stems

Also some stems just started changing color

Rust looking desease  purple stems 2

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok, did you try and look it up first? google?
try that than come back with what you think? and we’ll help you out.,

SamRD

SamRD

If I could google I wouldn’t ask here. I went through pics of various problems and found similar things but not really this.

Closest thing I found was magnesium deficiency.

SamRD

SamRD

Yes sir, I had a 3 plants. 2 fem and one auto. I am 3 months and half into the grow right now. I already harvested the auto which also had the same problem with the leaves, the 2 fem that I still have are blue dream and an unknown strain. The blue dream still doesn't have the disease, although they both started to display the purple color on stems this week.

It's my first grow so I made the mistake of growing them in miracle gro moisture control. The only nute I give them is this organic soil enhancer per the instructions, one week on and one week off. https://marphyl.com/product/soil-enhancer/ The water is western family demineralized water from the 10l jugs.

IMG 3129
IMG 3131

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Agree with Calcium deficiency, or possibly a lockout

Are you adjusting the pH of your water? Recommend 6.5 in soil

your soil is going to be your limiting factor here but your plants look great I would keep doing what you're doing

be careful of over-watering that media cuz that's going to stay wet especially without added perlite

To treat that the first thing I would do is search slurry test on this site and then post your results

if you don't have meters to read results I would recommend you pick up a liquid Cal/Mag supplement and foliar feed it

If you still notice it progressing, and being aware of what I mentioned about not wanting to overwater, a flush might be a good last resort, and that should reset your soil

Myself I would pick up a balanced plant food like Master blend or Megacrop, or a kelp or fish based Liquid Fertilizer, just make sure that it includes calcium and magnesium as many commercial fertilizers do not, hope this helps!

Edit: so I looked at your plant food seems to be a few things missing?
Screenshot 20200830 085907 Chrome

Recommend you add a second plant food. Your current plant food has calcium and magnesium so a second plant food doesn't have to be anything special, you could use any common commercial brand intended for tomatoes, it will fill in what this one doesn't have and I think that will take care of your issue

Last edited:
SamRD

SamRD

Agree with Calcium deficiency, or possibly a lockout

Are you adjusting the pH of your water? Recommend 6.5 in soil

your soil is going to be your limiting factor here but your plants look great I would keep doing what you're doing

be careful of over-watering that media cuz that's going to stay wet especially without added perlite

To treat that the first thing I would do is search slurry test on this site and then post your results

if you don't have meters to read results I would recommend you pick up a liquid Cal/Mag supplement and foliar feed it

If you still notice it progressing, and being aware of what I mentioned about not wanting to overwater, a flush might be a good last resort, and that should reset your soil

Myself I would pick up a balanced plant food like Master blend or Megacrop, or a kelp or fish based Liquid Fertilizer, just make sure that it includes calcium and magnesium as many commercial fertilizers do not, hope this helps!

Edit: so I looked at your plant food seems to be a few things missing?
View attachment 1023438

Recommend you add a second plant food. Your current plant food has calcium and magnesium so a second plant food doesn't have to be anything special, you could use any common commercial brand intended for tomatoes, it will fill in what this one doesn't have and I think that will take care of your issue
I already flushed it before posting this about a week ago and it seems to be helping. I got aware of PH halfway into the grow and decided to leave it for the next crop, MG soil is just not good for cannabis, so many horror stories of people burning their plants with the time release nutes. I was very conservative with watering to not release too much nute and burn the plants. It takes forever to dry too, it really needs proper managing. And the nute feed is not optimal because it can't be adjusted to the needs for different phases of growing. Also debate on flushing because some say it will just release more only good for cleaning excess salt. All in all way too many issues and concerns to grow in this soil, for me never again.

I will buy a second plant food as you said. What soil do you recommend for my next growth? FFOF is very popular but some say it's hot and the PH adjusting soil doesn't work properly so still need to buy the PH meters and liquids to stabilize?

My other idea was the organic grow super soil, either buy it made like this https://www.stepwellsoil.com/products/ss-w or make one myself. Some say it's the best overall. I also thought of pro mix but I'm not sure which one to buy and how to prepare like what exact quantities and ingredients and it's always sold out everywhere too.

Top Bottom