Rust spot on seedling leaf?

• Thread starter justice8965
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justice8965

justice8965

Hey all. Growing in coco, seedling is less than a week old. In EC is around 450, PH 6.2-6.3 In a solo cup. Out EC is 550ish. Daily fertigation. Calmag and light nutrients, plus rhizo. Under CFL bulbs.

One plant has this rust/orange spot on the leaf. The others don't. Any idea what this could be?

Rust spot on seedling leaf
justice8965

justice8965

I actually just did that with some calmag water, thinking it was a calcium deficiency, but I won't again. Does it look like calcium def to you?

growsince79

growsince79

Even when I used to run hydro, I never saw any deficiencies in seedlings. I don't do coco just cocoloco. big difference.

BabyFarmer

BabyFarmer

I actually just did that with some calmag water, thinking it was a calcium deficiency, but I won't again. Does it look like calcium def to you?

This rust just showed on my, 5 wk...

...and I've never sprayed her.
Screenshot 20200801 123449 Gallery
20200801 120743
20200801 115927

Just fed her the first time this morn. I was wondering a out cal/mag deficiencies too.

20200801 120013
justice8965

justice8965

Hmm I did flush this coco that's in the cup before I put the seedling in there, probably diluted the calmag water I used to flush too much. I'll give her some extra calmag for the next couple days

justice8965

justice8965

BabyFarmer, I'm a first time grower and certainly no expert, but based on all the pics I've been looking at for the past hour, that's almost definitely calcium deficiency.

BabyFarmer

BabyFarmer

That's in the works as well, gonna go up to a 7gal and fill it to top like... was a rookie error, but it may work out to give her some fresh rich soil. I don't feel she is growing fast, but if I can dial her in before cutting the lights she could be a solid first plant.

BabyFarmer

BabyFarmer

BabyFarmer, I'm a first time grower and certainly no expert, but based on all the pics I've been looking at for the past hour, that's almost definitely calcium deficiency.

It's what I was thinking...

I like that I let her go until she started "telling me". Seeing it happen is so much more educational than blindly preventing it because somebody said so... lol

I actually almost order and started cal/mag last week... but everyone says to wait until they tell you what they want before making a change.

Top Bottom