Rust spots along leaf stems

• Thread starter suckabusta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
suckabusta

suckabusta

One of my blueberry cupcake phenos started showing these rust spots along the leaf stems. This is the only one in the tent doing this, and is also the shortest pheno.

Currently it's week 7 of flowering, this has been going on for a couple weeks now.

I top dressed bloom nutrients at week 4 of flower at the recommend dosage.

Not much I can do now but let her finish, just curious what may have caused this?

Rust spots along leaf stems
Rust spots along leaf stems 2
Rust spots along leaf stems 4
Rust spots along leaf stems 3

Z

Zill

Suck,

Sure look like rust incited by Pucciniales. A basidiomycete. Typically rust fungi have two hosts.

If you took a tissue do the rust spores wipe off? Diagnostic tool. Not much you can do but pull the affected leaves. Rusts are hard to control. Especially because these parasites can have alternate hosts. The best control measure is to remove the alternate host. I’ll check on that for cannabis.

Zill.

suckabusta

suckabusta

Suck,

Sure look like rust incited by Pucciniales. A basidiomycete. Typically rust fungi have two hosts.

If you took a tissue do the rust spores wipe off? Diagnostic tool. Not much you can do but pull the affected leaves. Rusts are hard to control. Especially because these parasites can have alternate hosts. The best control measure is to remove the alternate host. I’ll check on that for cannabis.

Zill.
When the lights turn on I'll see if they wipe off.

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

Looks like it’s just over fertilized causing some nutrients to get locked out.

C

climbit

This. It could be too much phosphorus hindering the uptake of calcium. I had a similar problem like this week or weeks after dressing. Started on the fan leaves in the middle of the plant and progressed upwards. Even still the plant grew okay and I was able to harvest.

suckabusta

suckabusta

It's all organic soil and dry amendments. I would imagine the other two phenos would be showing the same distress if that were the case?

C

climbit

Yours doesn’t look anywhere near as bad as mine did. Mind you, mine was barely noticeable unless you looked closer.

C

climbit

It's all organic soil and dry amendments. I would imagine the other two phenos would be showing the same distress if that were the case?
No two people are alike. It could also be they have yet to exhibit the symptoms you see on the plant provided in this thread.

suckabusta

suckabusta

It doesn't seem like it's gonna effect harvest. Although I do feel like these plants are a little behind for their age.

This is currently end of week 7 and I feel like they should be a little bit further along. Humboldt says 60 days and they are nowhere near ready imo.

20240410 232142
20240410 232151
20240410 232121

C

climbit

It doesn't seem like it's gonna effect harvest. Although I do feel like these plants are a little behind for their age.

This is currently end of week 7 and I feel like they should be a little bit further along. Humboldt says 60 days and they are nowhere near ready imo.

View attachment 2148410View attachment 2148411View attachment 2148413
“Harvest” times are cap. I harvested at day 74 from sprout and the buds were juuusssttt beginning to ripen. So I fucked up

suckabusta

suckabusta

Such,

Look at those leaf pigments! It might rust but overall they look great!

Yeah the fade has just begun and so far getting some really nice purples. Still waiting on the blueberry smell but they are very sweet at this point.

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

Dark green shiny clawed leaves and macro/ micro deficiencies classic over feeding.

Latest posts

Top Bottom