rust spots in the middle of leaves

• Thread starter lava
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lava

lava

Fungus gnats and fungus gnat larvae??? Thats my best guess.

Your plants look real good from the pics though.

plants are surviving to the end, but with some severe deficiencies. Good trich production, but lacking in weight.

i put up some fly paper shortly after starting this thread. In the flower room, the fly paper has about 30 flyers on it. The fly paper in the veg room is still clean. I do use h2o2 in veg, so that may be an explanation.

After researching, it looks like i got pics of the complete gnat life-cycle. I would still like to rule out aphids. I have no leaf damage that would be associated with aphids on the leafs.

Lavas fungus gnats more
lava

lava

your roots probably look like hell...

these are on a slow death, take your clones

roots look great other than the pest problem. No rot at all.

I run PBP and I agree there's not enough K to cause lockout...BUT, there's potash in silica blast, really pumping that early can put lots of potassium silicate into the soil, and whether or not the potash left over can be easily broken down and absorbed by the plant is up for question - especially so early in flower, and especially if you've used hydroplex early on too. I've experienced similar deficiencies (signs of N,Ca,Mg,Fe, and even Mo later in flower) when using silica blast heavy in the transitional phase and i think residual potassium salts is to blame.

2ml/gal of silica during the first week of flower. no hydroplex until week 3 when they get 2ml/gal

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

plants are surviving to the end, but with some severe deficiencies. Good trich production, but lacking in weight.

i put up some fly paper shortly after starting this thread. In the flower room, the fly paper has about 30 flyers on it. The fly paper in the veg room is still clean. I do use h2o2 in veg, so that may be an explanation.

After researching, it looks like i got pics of the complete gnat life-cycle. I would still like to rule out aphids. I have no leaf damage that would be associated with aphids on the leafs.

I've had fungus gnats before, they suck, but there actually relatively easy to get rid of. Get something cheap from Lowes/HD that kills fungus gnat and there larvae and make sure its safe on fruits and vegetables. Soak the soil then water it in, a couple applications might be necessary, just don't spray your buds. It worked for me.

lava

lava

checking some plants in my garden and i found these in the runoff

anyone else agree that these are fungus gnat larvae?

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4
Image 5
neverbreak

neverbreak

lol, no they're not fungus gnat larvae! can't believe ya would get that wrong lex, i though ya knew a bit. they're springtails, harmless/beneficial to plants.

neverbreak

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
lol, no they're not fungus gnat larvae! can't believe ya would get that wrong lex, i though ya knew a bit. they're springtails, harmless/beneficial to plants.

neverbreak
i have been a springtail breeder for over a year :mad:...

lava

lava

from what i have read about springtails, it seems that in low numbers they are harmless, but the plants will lag if the springtail population gets too large. I run a dead res with h2o2, so the springtails have no fungus to eat, therefore, they will eat my fine root hairs.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

neverbreak

Oh......I should have done a Google search. I know a lil bit about growing, not bugs lol.

They look just like the gnats I had.

JPLord01

JPLord01

Ok one thing is that with your feeding you need to have your Ca at the same PPM as your N. It would look like N ppm 100 Ca ppm 100 thats what I look for and your Mg should be at about 60 ppm. From what I see you need more Ca And Mg

Top Bottom