Rust

• Thread starter Ironhead1970
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ironhead1970

Ironhead1970

Got a seedling that is 2 weeks old today it looks like rust on the leaves and there starting to twist. Here is my setup I'm using GH Floranova one part nutrient my TDS is 541 and a 315 watt CMH light my PH is staying between 5.6 to 6.4. They were old seeds had 10 and only 2 germinated the other plant is do great looking beautiful both are 4" today. Oh yeah I did a full water change 3 days ago and I'm leaving town in the morning for a week. Running a DIY hydro Rdwc that's right at 25 gallons with 3. 5 gallon buckets and the rez is 18 gallon. Rez is outside of the tent 5.5' away the temperature has been running from 66.5 to 70.6 degrees Fahrenheit.
Thank you
I live in a backa$$ state that doesn't have medical marijuana yet. It not not at the end of the world but you can see it from here

Ironhead1970

Ironhead1970

Here is picture of the plant I'm worried about.
20190217 204138
and here is a picture of the plant that's doing good.
20190217 204217

Ironhead1970

Ironhead1970

Well I went online and it seems that a lot of this has been around first thing people will think it's a cal-mag efficiency but wouldn't that effect all the plants? it might be a fungus and that has nothing to do with nutrients I'm trying a old time cure I crushed up a 325 mg asa aspirin into a quart of H2o and a spray bottle I'm have nothing to lose at this point
Thank

Kepp89

Kepp89

when i looked into rust i was led to believe its a lack of fresh air coming in. maybe that specific area doesnt have great air movement but all the other areas have proper air flow. theres a post somewhere that details what occurs but i cant re-locate it

air is moving around the tent properly so no mold or mildew builds up but its not receiving ENOUGH fresh air is what i understood. its not stagnant, but not fresh enough

i put a 2nd fan near my intake and it seemed to help curb it. currently waiting on a replacement oscillating fan.

edit: here is what i found from a post on 420magazine

rust explained.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rust, how many of you have had this and been beaten by it? lots i bet!!!
first, rust is a fungi. it is opportunist. it preys on unwell plants. if something is a miss, rust is a sign. rust has been identified to have 7,000 species. it attacks crops of every description. but we're only interested in one variety arn't we?
if rust is present early in a grow, you have problems as it's an indicator something in your room is a miss. usually ventilation. go through your system and double check things are in place and working properly.
rust is an air borne fungi. if given the opportunity, it WILL take hold. it usually does during flower as this is when the plants immune system is at its weakest as its energies are concentrating on re-production, not survival.
depending on what part of the grow you get it, you can cure/minimize it with either chemical or natural remedies.
it enters the leaf via the stomata and then it's off and running.
fungacides used are generally copper based and include; thriram, manzecob, maneb or zineb at 10 day intervills.
organic;
baking soda, 1 tea spoon/ quart of water. spray on.
copper sulphate, read lables.
fungacidal soap sprays;
garlic sprays, 1/2 cup minced garlic, 1 quart of water. let sit 24hrs, strain, spray.
sulphur, one of the best natural sprays. it is low in toxicity.
micro kill, a citric based killer. i use this with great success

----

notice he mentions usually ventilation. my outtake is strong enough (lots of negative pressure) but i wasnt/havent/arent giving the plant enough fresh air, it seems

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That does not look like rust to me, Some seeds, especially old ones just sprout with mutations. If the other one is fine it's likely genetic. Your ppm is a just little high for seedlings I think also.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Well I went online and it seems that a lot of this has been around first thing people will think it's a cal-mag efficiency but wouldn't that effect all the plants? it might be a fungus and that has nothing to do with nutrients I'm trying a old time cure I crushed up a 325 mg asa aspirin into a quart of H2o and a spray bottle I'm have nothing to lose at this point
Thank
I wanted to add, I'm not saying it IS a deficiency, but a deficiency may not affect all the plants like you stated. Each plant MAY have different nutritional needs if growing from seed. That's why clones of the same plant are recommended in RDWC. For 2 different plants from seed I would recommend a separate DWC for each one. Probably too late for ya now, just my opinion...

Top Bottom