%s in organic soil?

• Thread starter Funkadelic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Hey all- I've got Roots Organic soil, rice hulls for aeration, and a mad scientist lab full of organic dry ferts / amendments (meals, ewc etc).

I am doing moms/veg into 3g smartpots, and the rest into 10g smartpots, to flower in a week.

** What %'s should I aim for:

1) N-P-K
2) rice hulls as total % of volume (I know to aim for 30% EWC)

More N for veg, more P + K for flower, so I will watch that.

Thanks for advice. Don't want to mix too hot, light, nor dense if I can help it. I figure I'll add liquid K supplements/bloom booster of some kind at end of flower anyway, and tea all along.

dutch69lover

dutch69lover

Give us a list of all your dry amendments. You should have your soil mixed up in a huge bin so it can cook for about a month so you can use it. Need a soil receive for succcess let us know

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Thank you D69L.

I got a lot of ingredients, so many to list. Went with the variety, mostly vegan.

I don't have a month to wait, so I need to find the fastest option, if that includes liquid feed, more topdressing, accelerated cooking, more tea, whatever that should look like.

I also have simplici-tea, but I'm concerned it won't be enough. I should probably relax. I was surprised how small the box is, which prompted me to get dry ferts.

What % of rice hulls should I use?

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Crazap. I see I only have enough Simplici-Tea nutrient pack for 30g, and I need 120g. Looks like I need to get more of that, and start my big batch of soil for next round cooking now?

dutch69lover

dutch69lover

Well if you can't wait then I'd say run general organics line of liquid food while you build up a soil for next grow. Get yourself a worm farm and start making uou own supply of castings. Run about 20% hulls in your roots soil mix. If you wanna mix up something got next run here you go........

1.25lbs Bat Guano (0-7-0)
1.25lbs Bone Meal (3-16-0)
1.25lbs Blood Meal (12-0-0)
3tbsp Epsom Salt
1.5tsp Powdered Humic Acid
1/2 cups kelp powder
1.5 cups Alfalfa Meal
1.5 cups Oyster Shell Flour
1.5 cups kelp meal
1.5 cups Azomite
1/2 cup Mycorrhizal Fungi
1 cup Potash

Attention! These ingredients will need to be mixed with to 3 cf of high quality Organic potting soil and 12 1/2lbs of organic worm castings (poop) to complete. (Soil Examples: Roots Organic, Harvest Moon, Biobizz lite, Sunshine # 4, etc.)

As for mixing, the easiest way to go is to mix everything on a tarp or another option is a kiddy pool or on a tarp and spread evenly with an upside down rake, shovel, or hoe. Upside Down Rake is best for the tarp since its thin and can easily tear if snagged. Next, pour your worm castings on top of the soil evenly. Last but not least, add your Super Soil Ingredients evenly on top of soil and castings. Now mix until everything is broken up and has blended together (10 to 15 minutes). Toss the Amended soil in a 25 gallon trash can with lid or even a compost tumbler works great. Add 1/2 to 1 gallons of water and let it sit. Let the Super Soil break down for at least 4 to 6 weeks depending on the nature of the soil (to be safe) at 75 degrees plus(outside in the heat or sun) to activate the Mycorrhizae and break down the powders in the soil. If you use the soil before 4 to 6 weeks you will take the risk of burning your plant which can kill it or stunt growth. Check in between to make sure soil doesnt dry out and add water if needed to keep moist but not saturated. After your 4 to 6 week period mix it up 1 more time and you are now ready to use. Make sure you water your fruits, vegatables, and herbs with filtered water...... Enjoy

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

MUCHAS muchas, D69L.

Your thoughtful, detailed, experienced based reply is well received. Mad gratitude.
I'm strongly experienced with Nectar of the Gods, but haven't used G.O.

I'm getting away from NotG for a million reasons, although the results are completely top shelf outstanding.

G.O. would resolve a lot of those, frankly.

That said, I'm opting to go Simplici-tea this round, as I'm aiming mostly to get a light, small, regular irrigation pattern of straight de-chloramine'd water. Then AACT supplements on weekends.

But I may go to G.O. next round. I'm familiar with the GH line; why do you recommend G.O.? I've read that you use it.
Do you really get 1.1+ gm/watt ?!?

That's ill...

dutch69lover

dutch69lover

I recommend it because of consistency. They Ben in this business for many moons for a reason. I've used other stiff before and sometimes from one batch to the other is different! You don't get these problems with g.h IMO. You can get the 1 gpw too if you take time to get a big root system on your plants and have your temps and air exchange right

Top Bottom