S.o.g?

• Thread starter nybud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
aldus

aldus

The main benefit of SOG is yield. It is one of the higher yielding ways to grow, however you have to have a large number of plants, which can be a bad thing depending on where you live. Usually something like 4 plants psf, usually just rooted clones.

T

todgerdelburro

... and speed, specificlly less vegging time. I can get near SoG yields using 1 plant psf not 4, but it takes me quite a few days longer to veg them and it is 10% or 20% down, however, 1/4 of the plant numbers and for quite a lot of the time, 1/4 of the work.

K

knottynuggs

hahahaha..... i love this argument. alot of it is personal preference. alot of it is your strains preference. i cant work with monsters. anytime i mess with big girls i start having problems. thats why i prefer a buncha little ones. tex has been doin this longer than most of us, im sure he can shed far more light than i.....

N

nybud

lol I agree I have been reading a few other threads and I think its more of a preferance and strain type then anything I would consider my question answered. thanks guys

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I am no fan of SOG, I have done it all kinds of ways, all kinds of strains and for me it is simple..more plants, more problems, in every aspect of the game..

Veg time and maybe if you have hieght constrants is practically all you gain from SOG IMO..

I still go back to the fact that yield is dependant on your lights, under a 1k, you will get the same yield with 1 plant on a 3x3 table or 50 makes no noticable difference in yield, the grams per watt is almost dead on between the two. DoubleD is pullin 3-3.5lbs per plant off of short veg times also so it kind of throughs alot of those short veg theories to waste.

Tex

K

knottynuggs

i definitely understand your nervousness as numbers grow. im still learnin i feel. it just seems the longer i have a plant in a bigger pot the easier it is for deficiencies to come about. id rather scrap one of fifty than one of three or four. im sure as my confidence grows ill start working with lower numbers, but still gaining weight.

H

hytymez

you also just get one big cola,lot faster to trim.saves lots time.no pop corn buds.

Top Bottom