S1 Or Bx

• Thread starter Wildill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wildill

Wildill

I was just wondering what would give you more repetition of the mother plant used in the breeding for example triangle kush s1 or triangle Bx1 like this one....Triangle Kush x (Triangle Kush x Cannabea Cookies) what's your take on this @Judaz

Judaz

Judaz

I was just wondering what would give you more repetition of the mother plant used in the breeding for example triangle kush s1 or triangle Bx1 like this one....Triangle Kush x (Triangle Kush x Cannabea Cookies) what's your take on this @Judaz

I would have to say the s1 because it's the same genetics which will stay closer to the original mom. And will produce other s1 phenos but that are female only not males in a much faster time. But back crossing offers another big advantage which I'm actually been doing along with my partner. We crossed the clone only la og kush with a decent strain that looked completely different than our prized OG. Then we got seeds. So in simplicity you can think 50% genes og and 50% other strain. We then sprouted the seeds and looked for the phenos that looked and most resembled the og and used those males to pollinate the og again. Note: to tighten the diversity of the new phenos from the new backcross. Now the new seedlings have 75% og genetics and 25% other strain. We then repeated the process and looked for the male phenos that most resembled the og and backcrossed those new 75% og males back to the og clone only plant. The new seeds are now 87.5% og and and 12.5% other strain. Which when sprouting seeds the chances of getting og like phenos is 87.5% versus the other strain. Keep back crossing until you get the seeds 99.99% original og and you have pretty much og kush seeds from the clone only strain. We have 10 back crosses so far and nos signs of hermaphroditism. We are aiming to get to f13+ to get the most purest levels of seeds. And by always back crossing with the new seed sprouts that most resemble the og pheno then we are tightening up the strain to produce more phenos that resemble the og cut. Seeds from this stage will still produce phenos of the same plant like done with an s1. The benefit of This and the reason why we are doing this is to have 99.99% pure og males to cross with other prized only female only clones out there to see if we can create an even stronger and better og in the future the same thing they did back in the day. Best Thai males or females with best Indica males or females. Plus I imagine if the og kush is the best Thai cross best Afghani then we may find interesting new phenos from the seeds and may find a pheno so close to the Thai only or indica only original plants that created the og kush strain. Bringing back those old school
Killer skunks and or Thai stick like buds from back in the day.

Last edited:
Wildill

Wildill

I'm think I'm grab some of Dr Greenthumbs ghost Og s1 he's supposed have a legit cut of the ghost Og.

M

MJPassion

S1s...
If ma is a polyhybrid the results could be all over the place.
Gorilla Glue #4 S1s are an excellent example of such. The offspring is all over the place structure wise but it seems the desirability of the flowers is on par with the parent.
No extra genes have been introduced so stability of the S1s is increased by 50% due to the elimination of some genes. S2s would eliminate another 50% stabilizing further. Each selfing eliminates another 50% of the code further stabilizing the traits you desire.

Back crossing inserts genes that weren't previously there.

Tom Hill equates S1s with F3s.
He basically asserted that S1s are the equivalent to F3s.

xavier7995

xavier7995

The s1 seems like a shortcut to me. Doing three or for generations of back crossing should result in a more desirable seed...but the s1 will get you there faster. I would consider it a weaker set of genetics, but if you are just growing them out and not breeding further, no harm. I am way opposed to female seeds though, so am probably overly biased.

firemanelaflare

firemanelaflare

I would have to say the s1 because it's the same genetics which will stay closer to the original mom. And will produce other s1 phenos but that are female only not males in a much faster time. But back crossing offers another big advantage which I'm actually been doing along with my partner. We crossed the clone only la og kush with a decent strain that looked completely different than our prized OG. Then we got seeds. So in simplicity you can think 50% genes og and 50% other strain. We then sprouted the seeds and looked for the phenos that looked and most resembled the og and used those males to pollinate the og again. Note: to tighten the diversity of the new phenos from the new backcross. Now the new seedlings have 75% og genetics and 25% other strain. We then repeated the process and looked for the male phenos that most resembled the og and backcrossed those new 75% og males back to the og clone only plant. The new seeds are now 87.5% og and and 12.5% other strain. Which when sprouting seeds the chances of getting og like phenos is 87.5% versus the other strain. Keep back crossing until you get the seeds 99.99% original og and you have pretty much og kush seeds from the clone only strain. We have 10 back crosses so far and nos signs of hermaphroditism. We are aiming to get to f13+ to get the most purest levels of seeds. And by always back crossing with the new seed sprouts that most resemble the og pheno then we are tightening up the strain to produce more phenos that resemble the og cut. Seeds from this stage will still produce phenos of the same plant like done with an s1. The benefit of This and the reason why we are doing this is to have 99.99% pure og males to cross with other prized only female only clones out there to see if we can create an even stronger and better og in the future the same thing they did back in the day. Best Thai males or females with best Indica males or females. Plus I imagine if the og kush is the best Thai cross best Afghani then we may find interesting new phenos from the seeds and may find a pheno so close to the Thai only or indica only original plants that created the og kush strain. Bringing back those old school
Killer skunks and or Thai stick like buds from back in the day.
Interesting

Top Bottom