Sacrifice Airflow for RH? Vice versa? Neither?

• Thread starter Frosty.McDanknugs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Frosty.McDanknugs

What's up all!? I live in a dry climate. RH is 15% right now outside.

I have my intake and exhaust fans going all the time to have nice constant airflow in my 2300 cubic feet grow room. (like 300 Sq feet 9 foot ceilings) . Problem is the intake fan is blowing that dry air into the room and the exhaust is maybe blowing the humid air out. Also, I could just be an idiot and none of that is true. :-)

Anyway, even with two small humidifiers in the room and all fans going I can only seem to get the RH to about 40%. Not horrible but I'd like to get it to 50-55% for Veg cycle. When the humidity goes up outside to 35%+ the humidifiers get me to 50% but that doesn't happen often enough.

So when it's dry like this should I turn off intake and exhaust fans for several hours at a time and see if that helps the humidity rise? (I'm assuming blowing dry air in AND sucking humidity out of the room is what's keeping me from getting to 50%) Then turn on all fans for an hour or two for fresh airflow? Or is there another way to get my RH to 50% in this dry climate I'm not thinking of? My grow room is Thanks!

freezeland2

freezeland2

If you are growing in a tent and have that set up in a room you are humidifying with the humidifiers close the vents to that room. Your home ac system will further reduce humidity.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Not quite sure the layout of your grow room, but in general try to redirect at least some of the output air back into the room. Recirculate the damp air.

For me, with just a 4x4 tent in a bedroom, humidity control is as simple as picking up the carbon filter on the end of a long bit of ductwork and move it into or out of that bedroom. Mostly I take the exhaust and dump it into my office next door which is typically too hot from the computers running in it. But when I was trying to increase humidity, I just left the tent exhaust in the same room as the tent. I controlled the room temp a bit by using a fan to blow air out of the room into the hallway - or close that door to increase both heat and humidity.

I live in Phoenix, by the way, so I'm well-versed with trying to control humidity and temps indoors.

2Bad

2Bad

Invest in a better humidifier . Aircare from lowes! Will get you up to 60% which is crucial for drying you cannabis too. Shoot the aircare can get humidity up to 100% And btw I just recirculate my air . I will admit that I have a central air fan that blows through a tiny vent and brings fresh air which I filter with panty hose lmao. Another thing to mention how long have you been growing? if its not an evaporative humidifier youre probably breathing in microscopic minerals.

Top Bottom