Sad plant with droopy curled leaves

• Thread starter newfarmer23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

newfarmer23

I have one plant out of 5 that always looks down. All plants are in the same substrate, (fox farms) same nutrients and light schedule. 2 plants are big buds and always happy. 2 are haze plants and its one of those I can't keep happy. Can anyone tell me whats the deal?
Sad plant with droopy curled leaves 2
Sad plant with droopy curled leaves 3

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hello and welcome to the forum
Looking at the dark green plant right side front.
Very dark green. Suspect - A little heavy on the nitrogen for this plants liking.
Leaf clawing. This is a sure sigh of over feeding Nitrogen.
Clawing

This plant is in flower now but not finished stretching. Normally I'd say continue feeding until it stops stretching but with an over abundance of nitrogen in the medium. I'd suggest you cut your grow buy about 75% and adjust flowering mixtures according to chart.

All in all your plants look pretty good bud. I think if you just tweak a few miner things your well on your way to having a great harvest.
Tips are not burned. I'd say no salt buildup issue.
Nice and shiny leaves. Calcium levels are right on.
No obvious magnesium issue.
I suspect a little over watering but not a real issue.
Stem

Look at the little stem between the branch and the leaf. If the stem is straight and solid looking but the leaf looks droopy. The plant is pumped full of water. This suggests a little over watering.
If this little stem looks a little wilted and the leaf is droopy. It could likely stand a little water.
Try and give them another day between watering and feeding so they dry out a bit more and see how they react.

It's getting onto clean up time. Check out this video . Fast forward to 8 min strip to the tip!
I know how hard this is to do. But if you want really prime top cola bud rather than some nice tops and a bunch of larf.
This how you do it. Try not to go overboard with blooming fertilizers, keep your Potassium about 30 ppm and phosphorus 60 ppm when finishing up.

Hope this helps you.
Ron

N

newfarmer23

Hello and welcome to the forum
Looking at the dark green plant right side front.
Very dark green. Suspect - A little heavy on the nitrogen for this plants liking.
Leaf clawing. This is a sure sigh of over feeding Nitrogen.
View attachment 2083739
This plant is in flower now but not finished stretching. Normally I'd say continue feeding until it stops stretching but with an over abundance of nitrogen in the medium. I'd suggest you cut your grow buy about 75% and adjust flowering mixtures according to chart.

All in all your plants look pretty good bud. I think if you just tweak a few miner things your well on your way to having a great harvest.
Tips are not burned. I'd say no salt buildup issue.
Nice and shiny leaves. Calcium levels are right on.
No obvious magnesium issue.
I suspect a little over watering but not a real issue.
View attachment 2083740
Look at the little stem between the branch and the leaf. If the stem is straight and solid looking but the leaf looks droopy. The plant is pumped full of water. This suggests a little over watering.
If this little stem looks a little wilted and the leaf is droopy. It could likely stand a little water.
Try and give them another day between watering and feeding so they dry out a bit more and see how they react.

It's getting onto clean up time. Check out this video . Fast forward to 8 min strip to the tip!
I know how hard this is to do. But if you want really prime top cola bud rather than some nice tops and a bunch of larf.
This how you do it. Try not to go overboard with blooming fertilizers, keep your Potassium about 30 ppm and phosphorus 60 ppm when finishing up.

Hope this helps you.
Ron
So this is what I've been using for nutrients but I've only been using it as a general feeding once a week on Sundays. As for watering I use the go by weight system and sometimes it's every day sometimes it's 3-4 days depending on plant and the stage. I've tried upping the humidity and lowing but that plant doesn't seem to respond. Could it be a cold draft? I have them in a basement bedroom with its own thermostat but the rest of the bsmt is unheated. As for the stripping I'm definitely gonna clean them up a bit so thanks for that.

20231206 200302
20231206 200252
N

newfarmer23

Oh and the dark green and the light green are the same plant just different sides. I've spun the plant to see if light was the issue and nothing.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I'd suggest that you cut it back to 10ml per gallon or less per feeding and see if they lighten up some.
I don't think a cool draft is an issue here. She is getting into flowering mode and her requirements for nitrogen are going to drop off considerably
It would not hurt to let her utilize nitrogen in the medium.
It's up to you bud. All the best.

N

newfarmer23

So I haven't watered this plant since Tuesday and no improvement? I gave it 1/2 gallon of water today. For comparison here are pictures of both haze plants. As you can see 1 is much happier than the other. I'm baffled, any ideas?
20231210 124226

20231210 124245
20231210 124239
20231210 124233
HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

It could happen some phenotype just have a tendency from droopy/clawed leaves without you doing anything wrong ...

N

newfarmer23

So just keep it rockin till the leaves fall off so to say

Zenthanol

Zenthanol

I notice especially with exotics (long sativas) that they're sensitive to over-watering and tend to exhibit that leaf clawing. . .

N

newfarmer23

I definitely have over watered once or twice when I'm going away for a weekend or something but I tend to ride on the under watering side. Just in case I didn't water for 5 days till it was bone dry and nothing. Today I started a flush just incase of a nutrition build up? I didn't know what else to try.

N

newfarmer23

I found the culprit... G.D. white flies. Luckily it was still early and they didn't take over yet. That's why I didn't really notice right away. Not many hatched yet but it was the eggs weighing the leaves down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom