Sad year for Cali.

• Thread starter Jolly Mon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
newentown

newentown

Unfortunately I think that all the states are gonna sit back for a few years and see what happens in colo and wash before any of them jump to legalize. Cross your fingers and hope they dont fuck it up for the rest of us....

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

How is this bad?Why rush into something by just jumping on the bandwagon of any bill with ''legalization'' in the wording?People dont think for themselves anymore.I think most of the bills are designed to make big conglomerates and the government money while fucking everyone else,no personal growing,no sales by private individuals,no this no that.Even if we leave it as it is we are better off than that,how can a plant be legal yet illegal to grow and possess UNLESS you buy it from big business and the government?I think folks better read a little more before jumping on any bandwagon,look at whats happening in these other states for awhile,dont jump into the pool before checking to see if theres any water in it!

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
The bill in Oregon was hastily put together. Disp can not write off employee payroll or what they pay growers. Double taxed. Greed

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Exactly, fishwhistle!
We were so excited to have 'legal' cannabis, we gave our rights away for a 'privilege'.
It's the old bait-n-switch that we allow our politicians to pull every day.
They should all be evaluated at the end of their term and either be honored or executed. Might be fewer self-serving pricks out there buying votes.

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

How is this bad?Why rush into something by just jumping on the bandwagon of any bill with ''legalization'' in the wording?People dont think for themselves anymore.I think most of the bills are designed to make big conglomerates and the government money while fucking everyone else,no personal growing,no sales by private individuals,no this no that.Even if we leave it as it is we are better off than that,how can a plant be legal yet illegal to grow and possess UNLESS you buy it from big business and the government?I think folks better read a little more before jumping on any bandwagon,look at whats happening in these other states for awhile,dont jump into the pool before checking to see if theres any water in it!

Well if you read the bill the wording will tell you that the MCLR would allow back yard crops for personal, it allowed sales under the same control as alcohol, but caps permit fees to around $5ooo very affordable if you consider what alcohol permits sell for. It would also allow for commercial for profit
grows and the transportation. Also this bill will stop children from being taken from their family by CPS for growing. It was written in clear text and is very transparent, and by a Att. Gen. Not to mention the control board must be split by at least 3 different parties so it won't sway in one direction or another. This is the bill that cannabis activist are waiting for. I'm just sorry I did not start this conversation a year ago so I'm starting for 2016 right now.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Well if you read the bill the wording will tell you that the MCLR would allow back yard crops for personal, it allowed sales under the same control as alcohol, but caps permit fees to around $5ooo very affordable if you consider what alcohol permits sell for. It would also allow for commercial for profit
grows and the transportation. Also this bill will stop children from being taken from their family by CPS for growing. It was written in clear text and is very transparent, and by a Att. Gen. Not to mention the control board must be split by at least 3 different parties so it won't sway in one direction or another. This is the bill that cannabis activist are waiting for. I'm just sorry I did not start this conversation a year ago so I'm starting for 2016 right now.

MCLR is a bill?I was under the impression that it was an iniatitive(idea)that failed to garner enough support or signatures to even be put on the ballot in 2014.Not one successful legalization attempt has done it without big money behind it,why didnt george soros or others step in to help MCLR?Easy answer,theres no money in it for them.You didnt think they funded these things out of the goodness of their heart did you?

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

Your right it was a initiative that lost support by other confusing BS initiatives that had no intent on making the ballot. As of now most people in the industry like seeing it in a gray zone it doesn't hurt their morals and their wallet keeps getting fat. That's why imo so many support the CCHI it is very unclear and easy to read and does not cover a third of the subject matter that is important. It is never going to make a ballot nor do I think it is intended too. MCLR has been subjected to the state and has been approved to collect signatures but lacks the funds to finish the job. The money is not even huge amount were talking just a couple million a drop as far as most initiative's cost. MCLR is a grassroots which means it meant for activist like us to see it through F*** the venture capitalist riding the wave we created this bill was written so every cannabis enthusiast big or small can enjoy the ride . Not to mention all the proponents that support this bill. Read it tell me exactly
what part of the bill you disagree with.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hey jollymon what about the bill that they want to pass this year that will make it so you can only get a script through a legit family doctor, and that those doctors can have their licenses revoked for prescribing to those who are not really in need? I think that bill would pretty much put the kabosh on all dispensaries as they would not have the "patients" needed to keep doors open.

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

Hey jollymon what about the bill that they want to pass this year that will make it so you can only get a script through a legit family doctor, and that those doctors can have their licenses revoked for prescribing to those who are not really in need? I think that bill would pretty much put the kabosh on all dispensaries as they would not have the "patients" needed to keep doors open.
I do remember reading something about that but I am not finding the article to recap. I don't see it in state bills. However just about every city in the state is drawing up some form of regulation within their districts right now. The current 215 law & prop. 420 have allowed a great deal of grey area. It will hopefully work until full legalization happens, at that point most dispensaries will be poised to switch over to rec. and medical patient will have access to pure high quality meds. Unlike the circus we see now passed as meds within the industry.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter

a doctors a doctor if they could do soemthing liek that i think they would have done it with painkillers a long time ago. as it is right now people doctor shop all the time. california has like 400k or soemthing MMJ patients i bet theres more then that getting pain killers from multiple doctors.

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
I really am not the guy to preach, but when they were telling us they were legalizing cannabis, they were stripping our rights and privacy in the same paragraph.patient registries would be available to LEO.any time you were pulled over it says "STONER" next to your name,so DUIs everywhere, your purchases would be recorded, posession amounts lowered,mandatory minimums for growing over 3 bloom,3 veg...but hey, I guess if you can buy it at Walmart, all is forgiven.

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

One thing is for sure the days of sitting on the couch hitting the bong & playing video games while making stacks are limited. I feel the need to be able to accept the change that is coming in order to continue to do what I love. To me that means support the initiative that will allow farmers to do what we do and create endless career opportunities in the field that we love. Yea so what if the industry moves in a direction that eliminates the lazy, faint hearted, and the criminals that sponge off it now. The meds. will be better, cleaner, so will the recreational products and the everything in-between. All the hacks will be left out to dry. I'm not saying sell out to Wal-Mart but move forward we shall or get left behind. The very least we can do is support laws that will keep the ball in our court.

newentown

newentown

One thing is for sure the days of sitting on the couch hitting the bong & playing video games while making stacks are limited. I feel the need to be able to accept the change that is coming in order to continue to do what I love. To me that means support the initiative that will allow farmers to do what we do and create endless career opportunities in the field that we love. Yea so what if the industry moves in a direction that eliminates the lazy, faint hearted, and the criminals that sponge off it now. The meds. will be better, cleaner, so will the recreational products and the everything in-between. All the hacks will be left out to dry. I'm not saying sell out to Wal-Mart but move forward we shall or get left behind. The very least we can do is support laws that will keep the ball in our court.
Boom! Discussion over! Well said

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
I hope you farmers are treated fairly,and it goes down alot smoother than things went here in washington.

Top Bottom