Safe way of posting online video of grow journal, any ideas?

• Thread starter Chronic Monster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

About to start up a grow thread and wanted to do a video journal as well. I read the thread about youtube videos not being safe. Was wondering is it possible to upload a video directly here on the farm? :wondering
Or if uploading on youtube, lets say using tor vidalia, would that take care of the issue ip issue with youtube :wondering ?
Thanks for any input :joint: :)

R

RMCG

About to start up a grow thread and wanted to do a video journal as well. I read the thread about youtube videos not being safe. Was wondering is it possible to upload a video directly here on the farm? :wondering
Or if uploading on youtube, lets say using tor vidalia, would that take care of the issue ip issue with youtube :wondering ?
Thanks for any input :joint: :)

I would think twice...

Posting Marijuana Grow Op on YouTube a Gateway Video for One Man's Bigger 'Phish Phry' Crimes

marijuana-plant-bud-macro.jpg

Photo by jasonawhite via Flickr
The simple lesson in the case of Kenneth Lucas II of Los Angeles is don't post videos of your pot growing operation on YouTube. For many who make their moola off marijuana, growing is one part of their weed-focused set-up. Lucas, however, has just been sentenced to 13 years in prison because what this video ultimately unearthed was that his pot op was just his seed money for "an even bigger moneymaking scheme," according to CBS2.
The videos showed an "elaborate system that included fans, indoor lights and ventilation equipment" inside his Baldwin Hills home, where authorities ultimately discovered 100 plants in the fall of 2009, reports L.A. Now.
Lucas was using the money he made on marijuana to "fund an international 'phishing' scam that reportedly netted up to $1 million in cash."
As part of the scheme, Lucas was the cyber czar who presided over the U.S. empire of phony email requests getting suckers to send over their money via the internet. Investigators launched "Operation Phish Phry" (clever!) and "targeted hackers in Egypt that worked with U.S. accomplices to illegally access the accounts of those who responded to the requests."
Once nabbed, "Lucas pleaded guilty to 49 counts of bank & wire fraud," and was sentenced Friday.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

thanks RMCG, any thoughts on other video sharing services besides youtube. or can we upload the video directly on here at the farm? :wondering.

R

RMCG

This site doesn't 'host' vids in the same way youtube does, nor does it support embedding other video sites.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ahh! Now I get the issue in the other thread.

I've wanted a video camera for years, but don't have one so I didn't think about what goes into putting anything on YT.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

Anyone else have any thoughts/opinions?

I don't need to embed the video, just post a link to the video would be fine.

Not embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUmJFFKXIxY

compared to embedded

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUmJFFKXIxY[/YOUTUBE]

not really a big deal.:icon_animal26:

Just need a safe place to upload the video, since YT is out of the question apparently, and thcfarmers can't upload videos directly to the thcfarm server..

there has to be a safe way to make a grow video an upload it on the net...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think the problem lies in the YouTube side of things, no? What do they require for you to upload videos and stuff? Do they need information that will lead back to you?

Can you host on your own server?

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

Well, I havn't ever posted a grow log or video before online, so Im not all that familiar with the security that goes along with it. Im about to get a medical card so I am not to terribly worried about posting my pictures on the farm when I start my grow, but personally I would also like to include a video journal as well.

Most the info I got on the subject is from the youtube videos are a no-no thread.

From reading that thread, I am guessing when someone posts a youtube video that their IP address is logged, now If I was using tor vidalia, wouldn't that protect my IP info?

But youtube isn't the only video sharing/file sharing site on the net, I would assume there are other sites out there that are either more secure, or set up differently where posting a video wouldn't be such a security risk.

I occasionally see videos from "anonymous or Lulsec" on youtube, it seems like they wouldn't post those videos up ~IF~ there wasn't a safe way to do it without logging your IP. (being hackers and all)

Hoping to get some good advice from others who have experience with posting grows online and security that goes along with it.

can't host on my own server.

:joint:

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
sorry - no video grow logs

Im sure logics hosting bill with all the images/throughput is already pretty high

so I dont think we will be hosting vids anytime soon here at the farm

youtube harvests IPs from users and that is a security concern - not everybody who uses the farm is in a med state - or the states for that matter

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Totally understandable, ML. And that's fine with me, I like hardcopy best, and pictures work just fine.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

yah, I love the farm... Logic not hosting videos doesn't bother me in the slightest...none of the cannabis sites host videos(that I know of).

But if I uploaded it on hulu, youtube, etc... it wouldn't be taking up server space here at the farm.

* Does anyone here use tor vidalia or a VPN?

* Does anyone know how to get around youtube logging IP addresses, if someone is a tor vidalia or VPN user, can you comment on the safety of using TOR/VPN and posting on youtube!

*If its not 100% safe to upload on youtube even when using a VPN or TOR, is there a similar video sharing company out there anyone has personally used or can recommend?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
just to make it clear

no video grow logs - no offsite posting of images/videos of growing are to be hot-linked to the farm

please keep the discussion based on safely posting a video and not how to post them here at the farm

Latest posts

Top Bottom