Safers 3 in 1 spray three weeks before harvest. Is it safe

• Thread starter Narsbars
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Narsbars

Narsbars

I have two plants in a 4x4 and inspect every other day. I just spotted what appears to be powdery mildew on a couple of tiny spots.
I turn into a foaming at the mouth rage monster when I see PM and I immediately drenched the plants top and bottom with Safers 3 in 1 and didn't bother to keep the overspray off the buds.
I also sprayed the floor and walls of the tents with Safers 3 in 1 meaning even more overspray. The buds will be useable in two weeks but need 3+ weeks to reach any type of peak quality. Safers is OMRI listed but of course they don't expect you to smoke your vegetables.
Do you think the buds will be OK to use and to share? Has anyone had any direct experience, not Bro science?
I have a bunch of Greencure as a backup as it does not appear there are any bugs, just the PM.

Ponky

Ponky

Safe? Yes. Taste good on bud? No. Can you smoke it? Yeah. I never apply past about 18 days of 12/12. Never on buds. But like also... PM is gross. So you might have to.

Narsbars

Narsbars

Safe? Yes. Taste good on bud? No. Can you smoke it? Yeah. I never apply past about 18 days of 12/12. Never on buds. But like also... PM is gross. So you might have to.
Damn. I might just toss the whole crop in the trash. Probably just let it grow until it the trichomes are heavily amber to stretch the growing and try it. But it smells so good😭

Ponky

Ponky

Damn. I might just toss the whole crop in the trash. Probably just let it grow until it the trichomes are heavily amber to stretch the growing and try it. But it smells so good😭
Gotta figure out why it got PM first. Sometimes a strain just always gets PM at week 5 to 6. Always.

Narsbars

Narsbars

Gotta figure out why it got PM first. Sometimes a strain just always gets PM at week 5 to 6. Always.
This is the fourth crop, same tent, fresh soil every time and grown from seed. Must have just been unlucky and gotten some spores from outside. In Maine, in December. Any opinion on disinfecting the tent?

Ponky

Ponky

This is the fourth crop, same tent, fresh soil every time and grown from seed. Must have just been unlucky and gotten some spores from outside. In Maine, in December. Any opinion on disinfecting the tent?
Yeah. I have a pretty sure fire method. Using ozone and hydrogen peroxide. I spray down the entire inside of the tent with a misting of peroxide. 30 minutes of ozone from a portable ozone machine. Then pump the mixture outside. It makes a fog you don't want to breathe. I only ever had PM on certain strains.
Too many plants can cause it aswell. Or get air flow failure.

Ponky

Ponky

This is going on my list. I imagine I could seal a portion of my cellar and run the Ozone generator for a day or so and air the place out before I go in. Thanks
You can't use it in a space occupied by living thinks. So you have to seal the vents and air gaps and stuff. And have a way to vent it out. But yes. It's a great tool. Keep your car from getting musty aswell. A cellar would need no more than 1 hour to be sterilized.

Narsbars

Narsbars

Wish me luck. So far it looks like I may have missed the bulk of the buds. There is almost no residue on the leaves, and no discoloration of the buds or pistils on the buds. I will be posting a picture to discuss. Thanks again.

Top Bottom