Safest pest control for an affordable price

• Thread starter BirdLaw86
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

Castille soap or Diatomaceous earth to kill aphids and a potential gnat issue. I do not want to burn or harm the leaves at all so im looking for the safest method to resolve the issue. I set sticky traps but need a secondary way to kill them off. Bought bags of soil and manure from the big chain stores and brought bugs into the equation.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

Castille soap or Diatomaceous earth to kill aphids and a potential gnat issue. I do not want to burn or harm the leaves at all so im looking for the safest method to resolve the issue. I set sticky traps but need a secondary way to kill them off. Bought bags of soil and manure from the big chain stores and brought bugs into the equation.
using manure in soils is not for an amateur.

This method here is for plants in VEG stage ONLY

WHERE RUBBER GLOVES, AND EYE PROTECTION AND A RESPIRATOR. ( MADE IN THE USA /GERMANY/ ANY OTHER PLACE THAN CHINA)
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

get yourself some habanero peppers.
boil them for about 20 minutes
strain and allow to cool .
pour into a sprayer

At "dusk", heavily spray the entire plant.
get behind its ears and its toes.
spray the soil also.

At "dawn", shower them to remove residue.

The pepper will burn most pests and not harm the plant.
Careful you dont pepper bomb yourself or others in the area

Ive been using this method here in the states for quite sometime. For me its been effective 99.9% of the time.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter

WHERE RUBBER GLOVES, AND EYE PROTECTION AND A RESPIRATOR. ( MADE IN THE USA /GERMANY/ ANY OTHER PLACE THAN CHINA)
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pour into a sprayer

spray the soil also.

Ive been using this method here in the states for quite sometime. For me its been effective 99.9% of the time.
Lol, ya beat me to it:)
I’ve gotten lazy over the past few years, need to start making it again.
It does have a shelf life.
Store in the fridge for longer term storage.
Only lasts a couple weeks at room temps.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter

pour into a sprayer

spray the soil also.

Funny story,
First time I made it at home in the kitchen.
Drove the wife, dogs and me out of the house!
Lol
Learned a lesson there!!

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

pour into a sprayer

spray the soil also.

Copy. Still in veg. Ty for the info. Its legit the smallest amount i could sprikle for a top dress. I mixed it up with a bit of plain soil and sprinkled on top soil. Then i added maybe 1/3 of a cup to some tea which was 5gallons of water so i dont think itll burn her. Im gonna grab some mushroom compost bc another experienced grower said its not hott compost at all. They sell a small bag so im gonna give it a go.

The pepper method will be attempted, ill make sure to rinse her off with a good shower afterwards. Great suggestion here. I appreciate it.

Oh yea and just about everything im doing is diluted and in smaller amounts than suggested. Legit I add maybe a quarter of the suggested ingredient maybe less. Ive been careful as far as that goes.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

Lol, ya beat me to it:)
I’ve gotten lazy over the past few years, need to start making it again.
It does have a shelf life.
Store in the fridge for longer term storage.
Only lasts a couple weeks at room temps
Yessir...

its my go-to method.

Believe it or not, that was my security breach that exposed me as a gorilla farmer along time ago.

My crop was nestled in an over grown lot full of anything and everything. Cars, stoves,corpses anything and everything !!

Surrounded by apartment buildings

In the back of the buildings, were very long utility poles that connected each apaartment to an outside clothes line.

At the time, i didnt factor in that the over spray was getting on peoples clothes lmfao.

mostly a latino community, i wasnt in the loop about a rash of people constantly itching and burning. hahhahahahahahahaha

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

DE Earth, cheap, organic and will kill any pest with exoskeleton pronto.

Top Bottom