SAFETY thread....please share!

• Thread starter Mississip Hip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

DON'T TELL ANYBODY!!!!! about your grow.

and don't look directly at your HID light, especially a HPS, them bitches are bright and will fuck your eyes up if exposed to it too long and/or too many times. Get some aviators so you look like a cop in a grow room :cool:

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

Check out a company out of new Mexico called method 7.. They make eyewear specifically designed for exposure to hps bulbs.. They r some of the only sunglasses on the market to block uv-c rays produced by hps bulb... Well worth the $100- $150 bucks

Pancho-N-Lefty

Pancho-N-Lefty

Guess I had better start wearing clothes while growing then Your spoiling all the fun lol Great heads up's guys!:)
Right ...like frolicking around in my grow naked is a bad thing less I'm covered in SPF 100 :oops:

ttystikk

ttystikk

No smell on your clothes that way:);)

Indeed, you're an eminently practical woman and I admire that. :cool:

More good news; if you regularly frolick in your garden in your birthday suit, you'll likely develop a bit of a tan which will protect you just as it would if you laid down a good tan outdoors.

Don't skip the shades, though, and it's even better to wear a widebrimmed hat or a baseball cap to help keep light from shining into your eyes from above the lenses. Just because you're not looking at the light doesn't mean it isn't damaging your eyes.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

take the time and properly mount equipment (hoods, ballast, fans,etc...) The whole guessing game didnt do me justice and no one likes head injuries...

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Don't plug you switchable ballast in till you check the voltage switch. This is what happens when you put 220 into 110. You could burn your house down. The other lesson is buy the box with a cover!

The noise was unreal and scared the shit out of me, I still had my hand on the plug so just pulled it out. It all happened in a second. Glad I was there and had not just plugged it into the timer.....I know better! or so I thought.
IMGP6261
IMGP6263
IMGP6264
IMGP6272

Class over

vaporedout

vaporedout

Don't think it doesn't stink cause it does. It is easy to get so used to the smell of your garden that you actually don't smell yourself. I catch myself going outside and talking to neighbors right after working in my garden. I don't smell a thing on myself but others do. Some of my friends call me Mr Skunk. Imagine that!! I am left wondering how many have wondered what type of deodorant I am using. (if any) I know my next door neighbor has his suspicions but I never say anything especially when he brings up the subject of his wild college days.

+1, i went into work after trimming all night, i heard customer after customer saying.... i think somebody hit a skunk outside.... i was laughing my ass off inside my head. somebody told me wd40 will clean your hands and get the smell away.

jkbeing

jkbeing

Don't plug you switchable ballast in till you check the voltage switch. This is what happens when you put 220 into 110. You could burn your house down. The other lesson is buy the box with a cover!

The noise was unreal and scared the shit out of me, I still had my hand on the plug so just pulled it out. It all happened in a second. Glad I was there and had not just plugged it into the timer.....I know better! or so I thought.
Class over
I did the same thing last halloween, except I wasn't home when it turned on. Sucks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom