• Thread starter HappyTrees
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HappyTrees

Whats up farmahs,
well im pretty excited so i hope you dig my energys

free cannabis is what its about for me!

This will be my first legit grow and also my first journal so i really hope you ma fucahs dont hold back and help me out. Ive mastered the art of reading thread after thread but you can only get so much. So im ready to get my thumbs green:)

Strain: Sage N Sour (popped 7 out of 10. germed one day and all seven were
ready for the dirt. yay for THseeds) put in the dirt feb 28
Medium: Foxfarm ocean forest
Nutes: Foxfarms grow big, big bloom and tiger bloom
lighting: 1000w dimmable mh/hps
Ventilation: 424cfm hooked to light and phresh filter, intake is just negative
pressure

Goal 1: Find a healthy main bitch to take babies from
Goal 2: Maximize canopy coverage with given constraints (4x4x6.5 tent)
Goal 3: Switch to a more automated hydro system after first harvest. (Im not
sure which system would work best in a tent? please brag about your
systems pros, cons and bountiful harvests. Im just looking for something efficient and easy to use.

Alright well ready set grow everyone cant wait to smoke some buds grown in my home:)

H

HappyTrees

Here they are just under one month old. The have been in 18/6 under that fluorescent. Plants seem to be growing very well. Only problem is my humidity is down because i have not accquired a humidifier yet, so i have just been misting to help but RH fluctuates to much using this method. Another problem i had was heat, i had the heater blowing to close to a couple plants and it looked like it was dehydrating them. so i turned the heater in a different direction and it seemed to have solved the problem. any tips would be appreciated.

You can tell alot about a man by how clean he keeps his bong:)

H

HappyTrees

They are just about a month old now, one more day to go. but as you can see from the photos i decided to topped some of them. I topped four of the healthiest looking plants because i assumed they would recover well. Also the topped plants look like they are going to have 4 colas:) i hope so anyways:)
I left the weakest looking plant alone because i wasnt sure if i could handle the stress. I decided on some LST on my healtiest plant which i am hoping turns out to be female so i can keep her as a momma. Also i left one plant untopped, no lst and healthy as a control plant to see how this strain grows naturally.
I am using the foxfarm nute schedule curently on week three and will probably stay there untill i switch to 12/12.

Questions:
Do the pots i transplanted to before i topped have enough volume or should i transplant again before flower?

How tall should i let them get before i flip the lights?

What would be the best way to sex them to attain a mother? would i be able to start flowering all of them and after they sex and place the mother back into veg?

Any advice on feeding? right now i feed/water/feed/water ect.

What can be done to maximize my yield with the space i have? I am excited to try SCrog but i dont think that would be very efficient until my next round when i have a mother and guaranteed female clones?

well thnx everyone

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

for your next run id stick with soil. pretty large learning curve to hydro. blew through some stacks figuring it out. id start with something you can handwater real easy. rockwool or coco.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Jumpin' Jeepers I sure hope u don't give them Grow Big yet? That soil is super hot (loaded with a grip of nutes) I've burned my seeds in that soil b4.. U might not even use the grow big at all..Hopfully u cut the soil with some perlite 4 better drainage.. Ur soil is good but it's juss 2 hot 4 baby seeds

B

Buddy Flowers

^ precisely. don't burn yer seeds brah.

christ, this whole "medical" thing has attracted all types.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

get some pics up
u said they popped fed 28, dem suckers are a month old

H

HappyTrees

word, thanks for the advice guys. I actually put them from seed into dixie cups and i didnt start any fertilizer untill about a week and a half after i transplanted them. so they got just plain water for 2-3 weeks! I didnt step on the soil with perlite but i did place some rocks in the bottom of my container to help with drainage. about golf ball sized, maybe a little smaller. As four the hydro thing cheeser, i wouldnt mind stayin with soil at all but the problem is i can check on them everyday. Id really like to have a set up with a resivor for about a weeks worth of water so i can adjust the variables and let her go for the week. I pretty much have my mind on hydro after this grow and have been debating the ebb n flow bucket system vs a regular ebb and flow. Im pretty anal when in comes to controlled variables in my experiments so i dont think hydro is going to be that difficult(assuming my electricity never goes out) I have a good understanding about it. Its just watering times and length of watering that still kind of confuse me?

H

HappyTrees

lol cheser im tryin man i have a few on my phone that i posted but for some reason all my post have to be checked over by the site before they can be posted:( its kind of irritating but o well fuck it says the pothead. but yea they are about a month old. you will be able to see in the pics. But ya so i topped them after about a month i read that you dont wanna chop seedlings to soon. but it looks like im gonna have four colas on most of them. How long should i keep them in veg before i flip the lights?

H

HappyTrees

nice my pics posted! buckets of water in tent are just to help keep humidity up untill i get a humidifier.
Is that enough dirt?
Did i topp correctly?

H

HappyTrees

Awwwwww snap someones street cred is increasin
Instant Posting: Oh yea!

H

HappyTrees

Ok not many replys but im gonna keep postin

So here are some updated pics. In this set they are all just over one month old. I am currently vegin under 1k mh but am not sure when i should flip the lights? I was hoping to this weekend but im not sure if they are big enough since i topped most of them. Any input?

H

HappyTrees

Ok here is each topped, It looks like i did it right but i may have cut to low?
the last is a prior pic right after i topped them about 1 week ago today.

H

HappyTrees

Here is the one that i started to lst and am hoping is a girl so i can use here for a mother

H

HappyTrees

Heres a couple more of the plants that i did not topp or lst. Plant B looked really week when i topped the others so i wasnt sure how it would take so i left it. also that deformed fanleaf is from plant B. any ideas why that happened? I also left one health looking plant alone as a controll plant just to see how the strain grows naturally. 7 total. 4 topped, 2 untouched and 1 lst'd that i am hoping is a mom

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

the one leaf thing, from what i have seen, is usually a sign of stress. every time i cut off my tahoe mommies i will get 1-2 nodes of new growth that are all 1 blade leaves.
i only worry about it when im in flower, and its the new growth thats coming in funny. if its some ghetto stuff at the bottom ignor it, or if you like me and cant ignor it just take the leaf off

D

DrFeelGood

Happytrees none of your pictures are up on this thread. It is hard to tell what's going on without a visual aid.

Dr FG

Apache69

Apache69

Hey man, we cant see your pics. I have been flowing along but no pics. Thanks for sharing!:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom