Salts with organic flushing??

• Thread starter budboy299
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
budboy299

budboy299

Had the oddest idea last night...

We all know salts tend to build in coco when using salt based nutes..and that is the reason so many flush their pots every third or forth watering. (or use really light nutes)

Could we run salts for 3 or 4 feedings and then use a feeding of organic nutes to do sort of a pseudo-flush?
this way alot of the salts would be flushed out and yet we are still feeding at roughly the same levels without adding to the problem. I know its harder to burn plants with organics so could this make it a viable flush alternative?
ideas? Did I go nuts or is this possibly a decent idea?

Oh and I do mean the flush to get rid of salts to avoid lockouts. I certainly do not mean the final flushing at the end of the cycle to get rid the plant of excess minerals. thanks

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

this is what a tea essentially is, I base feed with boosters once a week and a tea. The base is used to ramp up ec and down and tea helps as a sort of flush for sure.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
A microbe rich tea once a week, is exactly what you are looking for.

outwest

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Had the oddest idea last night...

We all know salts tend to build in coco when using salt based nutes..and that is the reason so many flush their pots every third or forth watering. (or use really light nutes)

Could we run salts for 3 or 4 feedings and then use a feeding of organic nutes to do sort of a pseudo-flush?
this way alot of the salts would be flushed out and yet we are still feeding at roughly the same levels without adding to the problem. I know its harder to burn plants with organics so could this make it a viable flush alternative?
ideas? Did I go nuts or is this possibly a decent idea?

Oh and I do mean the flush to get rid of salts to avoid lockouts. I certainly do not mean the final flushing at the end of the cycle to get rid the plant of excess minerals. thanks
The easiest coco runs I had were fed thus, on alternating feeds/days (this is the basic/rough recipe):

2ml/gal Floranova Bloom +*
5ml/gal Fox Farms Big Bloom +*

See, I screwed up the initial recipe, which was much, much stiffer. It was 5ml/gal FNB, which I found burned the shit out of the girls I was running, so I cut it in half and easiest was to go w/2ml/gal. I misread the FF BB portion of the recipe, was supposed to be feeding them 15ml/gal, which is still a fraction of the recommended rate of 30mls/gal. That FF BB 'feeding' acts practically as a flush, IMO.

Next coir run I'm going to try working much more with urine (must be properly diluted), plant extracts, ACTs and the like. I expect I'll have to add back Ca through feeds, but I already have a really good organic liquid Ca product that I've used before to good results.

*+ = Ca, or Mg, or P, or micros, and often some sort of sugars

budboy299

budboy299

Ahhhh....thanks guys and gal ;)

I had never thought of the tea as a "feeding"...for some reason I had always just added to my organic nute mix as a kind of boost (microbes and whatnot), but had never thought of it as food.
Makes sense though. Thanks for bringing this back into clarity for me -BB

homebrew420

homebrew420

If you want a verry effective flush solution run half a gram mag sulfate pH the solution. Run it.
Certain ly nothing wrong with the organic route thoigh

Peace

Top Bottom