Same Mother plant different looking buds

• Thread starter singlorigin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
singlorigin

singlorigin

I have 30 plants "Wedding gelato" all clones from the same mother plant, but the half of plants are having different looking buds "smaller" but denser and with more trichomes, the other half is bigger but not so dense.
All of them have the same grow conditions , in total 5500W of Samsung Led , running with a huge dehumidifier to get bellow 50 % humidity room temperature is 26 c and 20 at night.
Its also week 6 in flowering..
Same mother plant different looking buds
Same mother plant different looking buds 2
Same mother plant different looking buds 2
Same mother plant different looking buds 3
Same mother plant different looking buds 4
Same mother plant different looking buds 5
Same mother plant different looking buds 5
Same mother plant different looking buds 6
Same mother plant different looking buds 6
Same mother plant different looking buds 7

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Is there a difference between different "areas" of your grow... in other words, are most of the plant issues in the same general area or are the plants right next to each other? I don't see how clones from the same plant can be different unless environmental issues are causing it
I DO see the difference that you are speaking of and they almost look like two different strains to some degree. They all look great, but even the pistil appearance is different.

singlorigin

singlorigin

Is there a difference between different "areas" of your grow... in other words, are most of the plant issues in the same general area or are the plants right next to each other? I don't see how clones from the same plant can be different unless environmental issues are causing it
I DO see the difference that you are speaking of and they almost look like two different strains to some degree. They all look great, but even the pistil appearance is different.
The difference is in one area, but i can't think of anything that is different in the other half of the room .

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I often see variations in my plants depending on where they are located and how much reflected VS direct lighting they are getting. Did the soils come from a different batch? This is interesting!

singlorigin

singlorigin

I often see variations in my plants depending on where they are located and how much reflected VS direct lighting they are getting. Did the soils come from a different batch? This is interesting!
About the batch i dont know, but i bought the soil all in one place and the same time from the same palet, made the same % mix of perlite, earthworm casting and soil in a concrete mixer.
I had this same strange thing in previous grow, i had some 2-3plants from 10, that looked different, but they were in same growing place, area. Hade some huge but aire buds, and somewhere really dens.

growsince79

growsince79

About the batch i dont know, but i bought the soil all in one place and the same time from the same palet, made the same % mix of perlite, earthworm casting and soil in a concrete mixer.
I had this same strange thing in previous grow, i had some 2-3plants from 10, that looked different, but they were in same growing place, area. Hade some huge but aire buds, and somewhere really dens.
Maybe the mix wasn't uniform. Some plants may be getting more worm castings than others.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I had this same strange thing in previous grow, but they were in same growing place, area. Hade some huge but aire buds, and somewhere really dens.
I think you might have found the answer, regarding the "area" that they were grown in. If you had a previous grow with somewhat similar results, it must be something environmental that is affecting the plants. It would be great to find out the root cause, as it could help to grow buds in a more specific manner, or possibly provide more resistance to mold/mildew. Is there any way to illustrate where the most affected plants are, like on a diagram or something. It's no big deal, but after a medical sativa break, my mind is ready to take on puzzles!

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Is it possible u were sold 2 different strains as clones? And told they were all the same?

They look so drastically different with no easily noticeable environmental differences would develop so differently unless the environment was say 25 degrees on one side of your room and 15 degrees in the other.

It would be very interesting if you ever do find out what's causing this. Looking good tho.

I have heard of clones taken from the same mother growing with differing phenotypes but always due to differing environmental factors

singlorigin

singlorigin

I think you might have found the answer, regarding the "area" that they were grown in. If you had a previous grow with somewhat similar results, it must be something environmental that is affecting the plants. It would be great to find out the root cause, as it could help to grow buds in a more specific manner, or possibly provide more resistance to mold/mildew. Is there any way to illustrate where the most affected plants are, like on a diagram or something. It's no big deal, but after a medical sativa break, my mind is ready to take on puzzles!
The orange circles are the different buds, that look more like Wedding gelato.
Dehumidifier and A/C i only brought a week ago, so they are not the cause, because i saw difference before i added them.
Last night i found a Youtube video, where one grower had the same issue, he was growing 4 plants and 1-2 look like different strains.

Untitled 8
singlorigin

singlorigin

Is it possible u were sold 2 different strains as clones? And told they were all the same?

They look so drastically different with no easily noticeable environmental differences would develop so differently unless the environment was say 25 degrees on one side of your room and 15 degrees in the other.

It would be very interesting if you ever do find out what's causing this. Looking good tho.

I have heard of clones taken from the same mother growing with differing phenotypes but always due to differing environmental factors

Its not the clone problem, i did took the clones my self.

I will measure the temperature difference in each corner of the room, but its maybe 2-3 c difference in the corners.

Top Bottom