Same Plants/different Strains

• Thread starter kansabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kansabis

So I've had this happen a couple times and its kind of a mystery to me. I grew a swiss cheese from nirvana and a white widow from dinafem at different times never together that resembled each other almost identically from the smell,taste,growth and bud structure,also had a critical hog from t h seeds and a opium from paradise seeds that was basically identical. Anyone else ever had something like this happen?

Polar510

Polar510

Last 3 I ran all Nirvana swiss cheese & blue Mystic. Also AK48 but not far enough into flower yet to tell but Im guessing its going to stand out a little, leaning more on the Sativa side.
They flowered almost identical until night temps dropped.
Then the blue mystic started to express different traits in the last 3 week of flower. But yeah they were pretty much identical up to that point.
They Definitely smoke different though. The swiss cheese is way less couch lock then the Mystic and taste way different.
I am getting ready to try some different breeders and see how they differ from strain to strain.

Polar510

Polar510

I know 1 thing though. My Reserve p
shit had better stand out. Well see I guess

K

kansabis

Pretty much,the post was meant as a realization that many of the same genetics are floating around and you could end up with very similar plants from two different breeders and strains.

Polar510

Polar510

Grabbed some Tangie. I really like the way tangie smokes. Last time I grew out a clone from darkheart.

southsideguy

southsideguy

Buy seeds only from trusted breeders.
Lots of seedbanks buy bulk seeds and repack in different names.same seeds.
Bulk ak47 can have 10 names in the market.thats the truth.
Cheers

Polar510

Polar510

I lost track of some blue mystic and swiss cheese at transfer. Luckily the blue mystic does turn bluish toward end of week 8 because I agree alot of the strains look the same now.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Most of my looking around for new strains has been focused on it just being unique. 95% of weed looks similar to me and the highs are all pretty similar. Currently trying to track down some of heath Robinson's black rose, its...unique and I want to explore it more. I have also been more into landraces and crazy sativas. It isn't really appearances I am after, though that certainly plays a part, but more unique highs or flavors.

Polar510

Polar510

Good Luck on Your hunt for the "Black Rose"!
I'm chasing a strain I tried in the early 90's in Negril Jaimaica. I don't even know what it was called. I was told it came from Westmoreland. Light green and so sugary sweet had Me forgetting what Country I was in LOL.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Yeah, I was on a search like that recently. Was looking for "The weed from the hillbilly biker dudes that got it from Kentucky or Tennessee back in the mid 90s...was probably mexican?" Obviously with that awesome description I failed, and the old biker dudes no longer had any way to track that down.

Monster762

Monster762

Yup right now. 4 different strains. And 2 different strains. Looking very identical but not starting flower yet so not sure of the bud structure setting up very similar though
D3BCEC0C B3F9 4C43 9767 851840EF654C
A17D59DC 1D60 498E A568 A55E04A21404

Top Bottom