Same strain different buds? Ideas?

• Thread starter Ben1221
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ben1221

Ben1221

Hey guys. Wondering if anyone has an answer for this. These are supposedly the same strain. Both are auto fems. Both plants same exact time and same exact nutes, soil, water, sun etc. as you can see one plant is giving really nice big buds while the other one is giving really leafy buds. Any ideas?
Same strain different buds ideas
Same strain different buds ideas 2
Same strain different buds ideas 3
Same strain different buds ideas 4

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Probably an f1 or f2 variation of sorts would be my first guess. Likely from an f1 source.

Doesn't mean anything really, IMO, just means your going to have 2 different phenos from the same seed stock.
It happens.... Once you get stocks to a f3 state there "supposed" to not do that anymore.

It's a real obvious phenomena that occurs especially when crossing breeding Autos IMO. I've even seen one bean be auto, and the next photo-period. I've got a really massive f1 sativa auto that looks like it fits in that category right now, but that doesn't keep me from growing it.

The other thing I would check is making sure there all getting that morning/mid/evening sunlight in a uniform fashion. That somehow one of the plants isn't blocking the others (especially the budding ones) from getting full sunlight.

Last edited:
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
No 2 autos will be the same. Too much variation in genetics, always results in different phenotypes.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Did you take the seeds out of the same unopened seed package?

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Last auto beans I popped. 2 varieties. 8 of each. Maybe 3 different phenotypes in each variety. expect wild variation.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Last seeds I bought were all about the same, but one was just a little better. But I don't do autos.
Agree photoperiod much more predictable.
more frosty too in my experience so far.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Nice looking. What strain is it? Did the whole pack look the same?
It’s Vanilla Latte. I only popped 1 bean of it. I have more though and will definitely grow more. Was an easy plant to grow. It just sat in the corner and did it’s thing with about zero maintenance other than water.

Ben1221

Ben1221

It’s Vanilla Latte. I only popped 1 bean of it. I have more though and will definitely grow more. Was an easy plant to grow. It just sat in the corner and did it’s thing with about zero maintenance other than water.
I started seeing buds forming on mine two weeks ago but they seem like they are further along then two weeks. What’s your guys methods for knowing the weeks and when to flush? They say 8 week flowing time so I find it hard to believe they still have six weeks left.

growsince79

growsince79

I started seeing buds forming on mine two weeks ago but they seem like they are further along then two weeks. What’s your guys methods for knowing the weeks and when to flush? They say 8 week flowing time so I find it hard to believe they still have six weeks left.
When it quits growing and swells its almost done. That's when I flush and cut a couple days later. Never understood why anyone would starve the plants for 2 weeks when they are still growing.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
No 2 autos will be the same. Too much variation in genetics, always results in different phenotypes.
I agree with this to a point. But certainly it need to be pointed out some uniformity can be achieved and stable genotype, although the pheno will express itself somewhat different from plant to plant. But they will be close, some more intense than others, but much the same smells.

I just did 6 of the same autos, and they were remarkably consistent. Although 1 clearly stood out from among the rest.

This was clearly the best winner for pheno out of the EMA. I sure hope some of the seeds took.
I just went to smell it again (it's curing) and it smells like sweet heaven.

IMG 20210613 170358549
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Don't start worrying about the flush quite yet. Depending on if your doing salts or Organic, you might want to keep your microbles, and continue to feed the plant, put on more, size, and far more weight. Might be surprised how much they will continue to swell with good care. I would consider maybe getting some humics/fluvics, or doing a nice tea of some type. Maybe add a bit of bat guano, or whatever. You want to start feeing the plant what it needs to increase terpene production, (right now) and nutrients to catalyze increased alkaloid production in the plant. Even on a budget: fish bones, or bone meal would work... maybe some wood ash (if this is an organic grow). There are so many options. You might already have one. What's your regime? Is this a premix soil?

The longer the pant feeds, the riper it becomes. That biggest mistake I see with new growers is jumping the gun to harvest. Patience is a big virtue in growing, and guiding things up to the right moment helps bigtime.

Most of your heavy ripening and oil production happens in the very last days. Then like 79 says, you let it coast the last week, and letting it cannibalize itself to the finish line.

Last edited:
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Either they mixed up your beans or more than likely it's just a different pheno of same strain, nothing to worry about.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I watch the plant. The seed bank timelines don’t seem very accurate.

Top Bottom